76 Coupe ( Hovis )

casper1483

Really easy pal, just offered the servo up with the carbs fitted making sure the bonnet would shut and with enough clearance behind the headlight panel and tacked it in place, then got a length of pipe cut to length with a nut on one end and a thread on the other for adjustment and fitted it ensuring it was all in line with the master cylinder at the same angle as it was when fitted to the bulk head, I've since blanked all the unions off and gave it some severe pressure and no problems and it's still only tacked in, Simples...

Really easy pal, just offered the servo up with the carbs fitted making sure the bonnet would shut and with enough clearance behind the headlight panel and tacked it in place, then got a length of pipe cut to length with a nut on one end and a thread on the other for adjustment and fitted it ensuring it was all in line with the master cylinder at the same angle as it was when fitted to the bulk head, I've since blanked all the unions off and gave it some severe pressure and no problems and it's still only tacked in, Simples...

Ace nicely thought out :)

Cheers for that mate, but I'm now pleased to announce that all the welding is done, I've had a spirt and stuck at it, and to tell the truth I am 100% balled off with eating and breathing welding and grinding dust, getting burnt, kneeling on sharp of off cuts, welding flash, cut fingers, banging my head, noise from the grinder etc etc, but it's DONE !!!!!!!, body prep next, at least filler dust is a different flavour to grinding dust ..........

decided to do the rear axle before the paint prep

27e60b9a.jpg

im using an axle from a 88 gte abit higher ratio im told, refirbed with new pipes, wheel cylinders and shoes,

i also found this date stamp, she's a pretty early one,

f211776f.jpg

heres to another 37 years...............

just a few more pics

f56b133c.jpg

dont know wether to leave it as one colour or go with the black stripe,

a09aaaa8.jpg

5eea7461.jpg

think it suits the wardance red/ orange,

ef69d0c3.jpg

dust is vevery where and ive only done the roof and one rear arch..................

and heres one of my motor bike i did, just wanting a sunny day or two.

8adfeaf7.jpg

Edited by casper1483

Nice brakepipes Mick, I thought you'd have gone for some of those curlywhirly ones, that take the scenic route to the wheel cylinders! I think that the Black stripe would look better if it covered the whole bonnet and the tops of the wings, scuttle and front panel. Keep up the good work and I'll see you soon

Just thought id put up some more pics, out of the gallon of filler that I have bought, 90% is either on the floor or in my lungs, ive had a dust mast on but it still gets in, my garage is a right tip, you painters who do this all the time, you have my sympathy, unless your mad,

Ive been filling and flatting for ages but its not until you put the paint on till you see all the poo par that needs sorting, for a novice though ive not done too bad,

8bf7e175.jpg

ee0ecafc.jpg

although to some it looks like alot of filler, most who have changed large chunks know you need wide areas to get the flat surface back and in places the filler is probably no thicker than a coat of paint,

4067bcc0.jpg

Going to take bonnet, boot and doors off the car to paint,

5ef72016.jpg

Thought it was poo breathing weld fumes, filler dust comes a close second, :-/....................

Edited by casper1483

• 2 weeks later...

Reached a turning point in the refurb, the colour is going on,just doing the shut lines etc and under the side skirt, I bought a Rivnut gun as I want the skirts to stop on and self tappers arent up to it, the gun leaves a theaded insert so you can bolt stuff on to sheet steel, not the expensive neither,

5e8dd4c7.jpg

Just realised how much the paint looks like the colour of a propane cylinder, shame ive spent £44 per litre with hardener, when I could have gone to BOC

15f5662e.jpg

cant wait to get it painted now ......................

just a couple more pics, got the other side done and the engine bay primed, im at work the next couple of days so I can leave the paint to go hard so I can wet flat it ready for the next coats, Ive only used a litre plus hardener so far but plan to put another 2 litres on, should get a shine through that lot .................

092b7f31.jpg

270edd07.jpg

Hey up Luke, how's you,

Vinyl roof has long gone, going for the carbon wrap on the bonnet, legal tint on the doors and blacked out rear quarters and rear window, that should tone it done a bit, trying to get final coats on this week then it's the rebuild, :-)

Cheers mate, Hovis is getting its final coats of paint today / tomoz, my painter mate came round last night and ripped my prep work to bits :-/, so he's going to do some more wet flating etc today then going to paint it,

I've made a spray booth in the garage, used polythene to seal roof space and walls etc, so anything that dies from the paint won't land on the roof I hope,

Manta Claus came today, carbon wrap bonnet, limo back and rear quarters and legal sides, looks the dogs do dars, final coats of paint tomoz, not putting any more pics on till it's done,

Does any body know in south yorks a good old school rolling road cos unless you can plug it in most aren't bothered,

• Like 1

Wasnt going to put any more pics on till Hovis was done but couldnt resist, Photo bucket is acting daft so ill try this one first if it dunt work ill try later,

d0eeadf1.jpg

Yep.... that works, this is what was left of all the paint that i put on when the painter had done, hes since painted it again and is now baking for a day or two then it more wet flatting with 1500 grit ready for 3rd and final coat, hope you like, cos I think its ace...............

6e7798f6.jpg

1953f5f3.jpg

5a125bc4.jpg

0e282918.jpg