76 Coupe ( Hovis )

casper1483

Hovis is moving on nicely, Bit of a pain removing dust from everywhere but ive got most of it off, Billing is my goal with it so some stuff might get blinged up after so to get it on the road im re using alot of the old stuff,

4ff9b15a.jpg

Ready for final coat,

b833653a.jpg

Put the front and rear screens in first just in case i brook one, Its a doddle if you put the rubbers in warm soapy water for an hour first to make them soft.

827c8085.jpg

This is the best bit for me, engine time, Just a coat of paint and a polish here and there,

40db5053.jpg

And servo fitted, The adjustable rod works a treat, Now waiting for Manta Claus to come with some Dynax s50 for the rust proofing behind the rear seat side panels then interior can start going in, but in the mean time ill get the brake pipes done .....

• Like 1

Heres some more of hovis........

24b9dd40.jpg

doing the black behind the lights,

ba226ed6.jpg

c69fe331.jpg

edd4f327.jpg

3dc325df.jpg

And ive found something else that looks like my car.... so it looks like a propane cylinder and now a Belle cement mixer, If all my efforts at making Hovis get to billing fail then I will use the motor out of the mixer and put that in and throw the engine.............................

804f2d28.jpg

Edited by casper1483

Heres some more pics of Hovis, engine bay just needs a new battery, theres the odd drop of fuel from one of the carbs when you turn the engine off and I need some more rubbers for the bottom of the brake res as mine are duff and it make the res look like its leening but I darent touch it as its sealed at the mo, might get some at billing.........

eef604d5.jpg

going to check oil in diff and gearbox then it can go back on its wheels

605c56c8.jpg

652e9620.jpg

9bf0ca9e.jpg

33ecc40a.jpg

A bit of temperary wiring to sort, build the doors and put head lights on and its MOT time,

Edited by casper1483
  • Like 1

Cheers bud, it needs to be done soon, cos my grass is R8 long and my dogs are growling at me, though I'd got an issue with the carbs today as it kept coughing and farting then running on three, turned out to be a dud plug, they were brand new as well, got a door built up but football and fosters got the better of me, door should be on tomoz,

Some great pics in this very informative thread.

I think the picture of the rear of the car with chrome bumper & black spoiler gives an idea of how good the car will look.

I know people have different opinions on "original" or modded, but i think you've got it just right with this one glad you stuck with the chrome bumpers.

Is the plan to bring it to Billing? If so i think it will get a lot of interest.

Love the Suzuki GP100, i used to have a Yamaha RD125 LC in the early eighties until i wrote it & nearly myself off.

just a couple more pics of hovis, its nearly done now,

e67ef076.jpg

d34fddc1.jpg

its got a set of Ronals on at the mo but only until the Revo classics come back, the Ronals will be for sale referbed and new tyres £150,

spent ages messing about with the door glass to get it right, in the end i found a neet trick to give the window more lean in to the car so it sits in the seal better, just elongate the hole at the bottom of the runner with a die grinder,

10d78cec.jpg

Brilliant progress and dedication to get it ready for Billing mate. My car won't be ready for Billing due to a few set backs, but it should be finished before the summer ends (if we have one).

Rob

How very dare you !!!! That bonnet is the doo darz..... I'll get some pics out on the open road when it's going for MOT then you will agree with me, sorted fuel leek and changed oil and filter today, taking it for test on ronals, as revo's aren't done yet, but it will have its new shoes on for Billing, .................