76 Coupe ( Hovis )

casper1483

• 2 weeks later...

After the stereo failed to function on the way down to Billing last week, I had a spare hour so I decided to chase the fault,6 hours later it was done,:-( found the fault straight away but decided to re do every joint, do away with all scotch locks, dodgy tape etc etc but I think I got carried away, but now every thing works :-D

4213bebf.jpg

0080ca42.jpg

Its all back together now and its got its twin 40's back on, just waiting for Manta Claus to send me a dual pull thottle linkage............

Edited by casper1483

Ha Ha,You read my mind Mick. Darren's got a spare Red top sat in his garage and so has Rob. I'd stick an Ascona front end on it with a 400 bumper and lose the rear spoiler. It would look like a big Kadett coupe. No, seriously it looks like a really good car. I'll look forward to seeing it soon. ...Luke.

Like this :)

9facd628.jpg

I love a good hatch, your coupe looks great and I had plans to have both too. Sadly I didn't have the time to do both.

If you can do it, keep that hatch original, if you need any original hatch stuff just ask and I may have it ;)

• Like 1

Done abit more on Hovis, carbs fitted and the linkage all sorted,

Before.......

077d1668.jpg

and after..........

a3b4b65e.jpg

thats better, just abit of modifying to the bulk head,

Just to note when I went through the wiring sorting out all the poo par I noticed that when I moved the multi plug at the back of the clocks things flickered so I cleaned it with some contact cleaner, now its all back together the guages etc all read true, non of that up and down stuff, also dash lights are much brighter, worth a try if your dash is off, if not its only 8 screws............

Edited by casper1483

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Thought i'd give an update on "Hovis" since buying it off Mick last month.

I 've been driving it around a bit & took it to a couple of car meets in Bristol recently.

I've replaced the thermostat & now i've got a heater that works & an engine that gets warm.

After replacing the thermostat i noticed that the fuel & temperature gauge were going up & down like a whores drawers so i replaced the voltage stabiliser for an electronic unit (thanks James).

I do however still have a fault with the fuel gauge, symptoms are, it reads fine for about 30 minutes then suddenly stops reading.

Go out to the car the next day & it reads fine again.

Wondering now whether its a dry solder joint on the fuel gauge.

Here's a pic from last week in Bristol

IMAG0679.jpg

• Like 1