1979 Cavalier 2000 Gls Sports Hatch

sporthatch

I'm new here, but thought I should meet the requests for photos with a thread! Picked this up at the end of last week so not had chance for many photo opportunities as yet, but here goes.

Plans initially involved a C20LET or something with similarly daft power potentials, but I've enjoyed cruising around in it so much that I may just go low 'n' slow with it - springs, wheels and a tidy up of bits of rust bubbling etc. The 2-litre, four-speed combo makes for a nice, torquey, if not spectacularly fast ride, and it's oh-so smooth. Thanks to the cherrybomb exhaust it also makes all the right noises!

Anyway, pics...

Cavalier017.jpg

Cavalier020.jpg

Edited by sporthatch

Very nice to see a MKI Cav that actually looks good, I'mot a big fan of the MKI Cavs, but yours is the first black sportshatch I've seen, Damn fine looking car in black and real crap looking car in that rubbish yellow colour, Fcuk knows who Vauxhall employed to decide on the paint colours for the MKI Cavs cos they were all hideous shades.

You've done a good job of finding correctly suited wheels too.

Would say though, dropping the 5 speed box in will make a much better car, the 4 speed aint a bad box really, but the 5 speed will make the car so much better you won't want to stop driving it.

It was the 70's Clive, all car colours were sh*t.

Russet Brown, parchment, java green... need I go on?

I had a Mini van in Harvest Gold yuk

remember blue Morris Marina's with brown interiors, i think Stevie Wonder was the colour coordinator at BL in the seventies.

WOW, what a great looking ca, very lady friendly :D . Glad you're pleased with it. That engine is a bit of a cracker. all you now need to join the club and we can catch up at Billing.

............................You've done a good job of finding correctly suited wheels too...........................

Thanks Clive.

• Like 1

WOW, what a great looking ca, very lady friendly :D . Glad you're pleased with it. That engine is a bit of a cracker. all you now need to join the club and we can catch up at Billing.

Thanks Clive.

It most certainly is. it's funny, I wouldn't have had it down as being particularly feminine!

• 2 weeks later...

I was Holiday..ing in Teeside from Australia a few weeks back (Strange I know!)

Would have been the Highlight of my holiday to catch a glimpse of this (equally strange i know) :lol:

Not strange at all, I imagine Teesside must have been a wonderful break from the smog, overpopulation and generally overwhelming industrial greyness that is Austral.. Oh, no, that's not going to work at all.

• 2 months later...