Hi Far Scotland And Do You Recognise My New Car?

NetFrog

Howdy folks!

Matt fae bonny Scotland here. A current owner of a shiny red gte coupe which needs some work and proud new owner of a Silver hatch from 1987. It gets delivered tomorrow and I am very excited!

From the blurb I have read it came 2nd place last year in one of your comps so was hoping for any background information on it you may have.

The blurb stated:

"THERE'S A BIG PILE OF MANTA OWNERS CLUB MAGAZINES APPARENTLY IT WAS FEATURED IN ONE OF THEM, AND A HAYNES WORKSHOP MANUAL, BUT WON CONCOURS BILLING 1ST AND 2ND PLACE AT THE OPEL MANTA OWNERS CLUB 2011."

So without further ado, does anyone recognise and know anything about this beauty?!

xl_DSC06133.jpg

xl_DSC06134.jpg

xl_DSC06174.jpg

Hi pal ,

Where about in scotland are ya from?

Nice motor btw , dn`t no it -- but im fairly new myself ,

Kev

Not too far from you! :-) Originally Elgin but over in the countryside near Keith now.

The car was up for sale onhere recently, I don't know the car or the previous owner myself, but at the time it was put up for sale I thought that it looked a damn good Manta, just badly needs some sideskirts fitting.

I thought that myself about the skirts, know where I can get a pair from? ;-)

It used to belong to a lad called Paul known as 85_GT/E on this forum,he bought it off eBay from Derby (I think)as a rolling project,it was mat black when he got it... He put some hours into it for Billing last year, he might be along soon to tell you more...

Cheers,

Dill

Hi Yes this was my old Manta, wish i still had it :( and dillv8 is right i put some hours in to this it took me 2 months and a lot of pennys to turn it from a matt black rusty old Manta to this.

I have got loads of pics from when i got it to when it went for paint and then when i was putting it back together.

Sorry to tell you this but i dont no where the people got the info about it winning 1st and 2nd at billing????? but it didnt. it was enterd it the concours on the sat but not every one liked it???? so it didnt get enough vots to win its class.

The car had a good second hand drivers wing fitted 2 doors and a bonnet also it had a new rad, starter 2 rear arches a pair of head lights and a rear bumper the boot carpet did come from spiney_normans Sportshatch (Thanks) i took me ages to locate one i did in fact need 2 cos my other Manta Gloria needed one aswell. The radio in it came from my MK2 Astra i did infact forget my CD in it when i sold it is it still in there??? Best of the 80's thats all i listend to in it so i felt like i had gone back in time lol :D

To be honest i much prefer it with out the side skirts, it gives it a much cleaner look. Plus i couldnt bring my self to drill the new rear arches and the fresh astro silver paint job!!!!

Any Questions Just ask, Paul

Any Questions Just ask, Paul

Hi Paul, thanks for all the info and looks like you did a most excellent job on the car. It is arriving today so it will be my first good look at it! Sitting around waiting for the transporter to arrive! **grinning**

So no 1st and 2nd ey! Well that was a bit cheeky but someone just got their wires crossed there me thinks.

It looks like I have you to thank for the car and it has defo gone to a new good home, though I do feel a little bad that you were sorry to see it go!

Now I just gotta get my coupe on the road and I have a pair :D

I have a pair of Sideskirts you can have pal ,

Pick em up if your through my way ;)

Kev

Sounds good Kev, I'll reimburse yah for them :D When you hear a vroom vroom coming through the ness and a silver hatch streaking by that'l be me coming to collect ;-)

Aye aye stud ,

Pm me ur number ect - about these skirts ,

You can just take em as i could do with the space ,

I stay between Nairn + Forres.

I`d be interested in a perv at your red coupe ,

What work is she needing ? any pictures?

You keeping the 2 manta`s or u selling me the coupe?? lol

Kev

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...