Early Berlinetta Headlight Units

Redrob666

Hi, I know it's a long shot but does anyone have original headlights for this early car. It's the ones with the more vertical front and the metal cowl. Mine are totally shot now and I really don't want to fit non standard ones unless I absolutely have to. Thanks, Bob.

just take the glass lenses of your old lamps and glue them onto a new set the backs are the same old and new. i did this a few years ago. but you still have to find a good pair of lamps. hope this helps. drew

Hi, it's a 1975 B. so they are the ones that are more vertical and have the metal cowl thing on them. I am a little wary of taking them apart in case I break them and then have no lights at all but if I have a set of the flush fitting ones as fitted to the Cavalier I think at least I will have some lights. Bob.

Hi Bob

Sorry but mine are for the A, i have a nice brand new set of the flat inners ones but that's no go to you!.

German ebay is always a good place to try, there stuff can be a bit expensive but you might find something.

I use google chrome as it does the translation from german to english for you in the browser so its quite easy to find bits. you might need to use google translate to get the ring words in the first place or sit down with a cuppa and just put in manta b!

They don't have lights but this site is good for some bits www.splendidparts.de

Andy

Nice to hear from you again Dave, how is that conversion getting on? Oh! by the way what happened to the Kickdown cable that you said I could have a couple of months back, hope you haven't kicked it into touch :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Still looking for headlights, interested in any with good reflectors, even the flat front ones found on other models. I am told I can take my lenses and fit to the other backs. I am now getting desperate, might even consider twins if I have to. What have you got?

Cheers, Bob.

Hi, they look similar but I think the early Berlinetta ones are even larger on the top below a metal cowl. Without being certain this one is a bit expensive. If it had been cheaper I might have bought it and had a go at swapping the glass as surgested earlier in the post.

Still it shows these bits are out there, I just have to keep looking.

Cheers, Bob.