Suspension

davo

i brought a coupe gte off of here last month

the lad that i brought it off recently fitted an avo road spring kit with adjustable shocks

after one drive down the road i softened all the shocks off before my fillings fell out !!

however the car sits down at the front/up at the rear.ie top of tyre to wing at the front is a minimal gap,whilst at the rear i can get my fist between the tyre & wing.

i haven't had a chance to get the car right up in the air yet,but is it possible that he may have fitted the front springs to the rear & vice versa?

is it indeed possible to fit the rear springs to the front & if so is there an easy way of checking

cheers

Edited by davo

The boy you bought the car from had a thread on here about the springs,

It`s on Page 3 in basic tech help, x29 replys ect (take a look )

I bought my springs from ebay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200425284673&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:GB:1123#ht_1794wt_952

They came just in plain red and not marked - front/rear ect ,

The diff in them was only about an inch ,

So i put the longer ones on the front and the shorter ones on the rear,

It sits nice and level ,

Think the only way to check would be to take them out and start again yourself,

That way u`ll no for sure,

Kev

The front ones are normally thicker and shorter than the rear ones.

You can always modify the springs to suit your required ride height when you find the front and backs out.

The rubbers can be moved around the coil on the top and the spring cut off to suit. Cut a couple of inch off the spring, rotate the rubber, refit, bounce and let settle. Check height. Repeat until happy.

Forgot to add, this will slightly increase the spring rate. Mantas are generally set softer at the rear to aid traction too

You can always modify the springs to suit your required ride height when you find the front and backs out.

The rubbers can be moved around the coil on the top and the spring cut off to suit. Cut a couple of inch off the spring, rotate the rubber, refit, bounce and let settle. Check height. Repeat until happy.

Forgot to add, this will slightly increase the spring rate. Mantas are generally set softer at the rear to aid traction too

Seems to be contary to what the previous Kev and I suggested...

This is correct...........

thanks for all the replies,i will being checking it out over the weekend when i got acess to a 2 post ramp.

just thinking out loud is it also possible the shockers are wrong front to back.i mean can they physically be fitted fronts instead of rears,

are the shocks different length?

Yep you can put them on the wrong way around but the front shocks are shorter than the rear so if you put fronts on the back it will pull the back of the car down to the maximum extension of the front shock and i'd be supprised if you can squash a rear shock down enough to fit in the front.

140.jpg Rear springs

140.jpg Front springs

140.jpgrear shocks

140.jpg front shocks

I did actually speak to AVO concerning the springs and the fact they didn't fit particularly well.

nevertheless it turns out the longer thinner ones were for the front and the fat short ones for the rear, though I'm not 100% sure this would be to reduce understeer.

As for the dampers, they are on correctly as AVO's catalogue lists TD370 for rear and TE336 for the front, the dampers have these codes stamped into them.