Manta A Wheel Specs

Stev0

Hey guys..

firstly, can anyone tell me what were the spec of the standard wheels that the manta A came out with, with regard to offset, rim width, rim size and tyre profile. (outer diameter for accurate speedo reading)

I bought the car with 205/55/13's on all four, not sure of the rim width or offset, but i've sourced a set of 13" rostyles that i'd like to fit. Only problem is that i'd like to fit the same tyres as what the car's got (205/55/13), which requires me to widen the rims, which are currently 5J.

secondly, what would i have to widen the rim to in order to run the 205's, and what offset should i aim for without screwing up the dynamics of the vehicle or foul the tyres against the suspension on the inside or body on the outside?

much appreciated..

Hi Steve,

Here's the Data according to my handbook, mine is a 1972 Manta 'A' Berlinetta but it does offer other options........

Mantawheeldata005.jpg

My standard wheels are 4x100 stud spacing, 57.1mm Centre bore, with an ET31, that's the standard ROstyle type of wheel, I also have some Mattig steel wheels which are 7x13 with 205/60 x 13 tyres and it's noticeably undergeared with those on, the standard wheels I have are fitted with 185/70x13 tyres and it sits great on those, hope that helps,

Cheers,

Alf.

Thanks alf..

I got the rims off an old chevair, which i'm assuming is exactly the same.. either 5J or 5.5J and same offset (i'll confirm), so as far as offset is concerned, its safer to go just outward if i do decide to widen. will just have to check maximum tyre widths that can be used on those..

Hi Steve,

I forgot to mention that on my Mattig wheels, the offset is ET20 and with the 205/60 x 13's on it, I had to roll the arches just a little, it seemed fine when I fitted them but I then discovered that as the Panhard rod pushed the rear end sideways as it goes up and down, they would just rub, I think a lot would depend on what ride height your car is running, standard ride height and I've seen 8 inches rims, mine is lowered 40mm so I think that reduces the clearance a little?

Cheers,

Alf.

For a perfect fit i strongly recommend an adjustable panhard stab especially if the car has been lowered at all. Due to the rear axle linkage on the Manta´s (both A and B series) the entire rear axle is pushed slightly to the right side of the car when lowering. Often when there are tight fits regarding wheels it will only be the right side that make a fuzz, so just to let you know mate :)

They can be bought on ebay, but if you have a decent welder you can easily make one yourself.