Silicon Hoses From Js Performance. Now With Added Omoc Discount

just following up on the hose kits, no immediate panic, just want to understand what the plan is timing wise to order, I am picking we are looking for a minimum number of XE kits?

thread seems to have moved into CIH kits as well

anyway I am e-mailing Ryan at wizbang about some alloy floor plates and stuff so you have my contact details anyway

just following up on the hose kits, no immediate panic, just want to understand what the plan is timing wise to order, I am picking we are looking for a minimum number of XE kits?

thread seems to have moved into CIH kits as well

anyway I am e-mailing Ryan at wizbang about some alloy floor plates and stuff so you have my contact details anyway

Apologise for not getting straight in to this, I had a little bump in my Zafira with a person who dosen't understand what a "Give Way" sign means.

Anyhow I have to speak to JSP this week and get my pipes tweaked. I hope to see them a week on Tuesday, as I am on leave (holiday) at the moment. I think they are happy with the numbers of requests, and will get in to them ASAP.

You will be very pleased with Ryan's and Wizbangs work, I will have to call of and see them soon not been there for approx six months.

Rob

• 2 weeks later...

can you add me for a full set for an xe converted kadett with a manta rad. they will fit as its got modded manta 1800 ones atm.

I have added you to the list :thumbup

An update for all. I have dropped of my spare XE engine as to get the lower coolant hose to fit slightly better, than already. I will be away for a week but they should have it ready when I get back, I will do a quick trial fit to the car and when they are happy they will start the kits.

If you need Silicon hoses for other makes and models, give these guys a call, every hose is hand crafted and top quality materials to make the hoses. Honestly I am not on commission, I prefer to use the smaller companies who put pride in their work rather than mass manufactures were possible.

Rob

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Sorry about the delay, I have been busy trying to sort my life and car out. I am currently leaving my job of 22 years (RAF) and moving back home.

I picked up a mandrel from Retro Power for the bottom hose when I picked up my wheels a couple of weeks ago. I took it to Shane at JSPerformance, who was having trouble getting the bottom hose to sit right, as it is quite complicated. They are determined and will sucseed in making the pipe. They will not release any kits until they have the pipes right. I will be calling in again at weekend for a progress report.

Rob

I have recently spoken to Shane at JSPerformance, and they have caught up on all their outstanding work and the Manta silicon hoses are now top of the list for manufacture. My car and spare engine are being used as the test beds to ensure that everything fits sweet. I will be visiting them again in a couple of weeks for the progress and it should be very soon when they go in to production.

Thanks for being patient guys and I will keep you updated.

Rob

good things take time and are well worth the wait, keep up the good work, outstanding effort on behalf of all interested members

is it worth an updated list so you know the confirmed numbers? no doubt some might have pulled out or need to be updated

good things take time and are well worth the wait, keep up the good work, outstanding effort on behalf of all interested members

is it worth an updated list so you know the confirmed numbers? no doubt some might have pulled out or need to be updated

I will find out how they are getting on next week and re-confirm the interest on the forum for the hoses and get the CIH ones I have to them as well.

I need to find out the way they want payment, how and who to pay, and confirm the prices.

Rob

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Update,

Mandrels have been remanufactured (big thanks to Retro Power) and correct fitment to be tested very soon. My spare XE has dripped oil all over their nice clean floor.....Oops :unsure: .

The biggest problem they are facing is the complex bottom hose as it is not the easiest to manufacture (that is why other companies are not interested) at the quality they produce. They have just got big orders from M-Tech for the Astra VXR/OPC, so it shows their quality is very good.

Rob

well worth following through with this Rob, keep up the effort on behalf of us all

Cheers it makes it worth while, especially when trying to help others out. I can't go much further with my car without the hoses so I do have a great interest in this project.

They seemed very keen when I mentioned they could put the kit in to use with all other cars that use the XE in rear wheel drive format.

Rob

Yeah robah your efforts are apreciated deffo,,,,this has always been a pain area for plumbing the 16 v engines up,,,,this will deffo make it much easier and better looking aswell,,,looking forward to seeing how these turn oot,,,,

Later dude,,,,

Good work Rob, glad that mandrel was of some use! Meant to ask you at Billing but how does it compare to the ones they actually use? I made it without ever having seen a hose mandrel so it was a bit of guesswork! I also thought, "flipping hell how will I get the cured hose off that"!!!! (which I guess means a guy at JS won't need to go to the gym anytime soon!!!)

I hope mk2 hose kit comes out well.

If it does then we will be keen to stock it, and use them on our builds. Its something thats been needed since the mid '90's!!