Silicon Hoses From Js Performance. Now With Added Omoc Discount

Good work Rob, glad that mandrel was of some use! Meant to ask you at Billing but how does it compare to the ones they actually use? I made it without ever having seen a hose mandrel so it was a bit of guesswork! I also thought, "flipping hell how will I get the cured hose off that"!!!! (which I guess means a guy at JS won't need to go to the gym anytime soon!!!)

I hope mk2 hose kit comes out well.

If it does then we will be keen to stock it, and use them on our builds. Its something thats been needed since the mid '90's!!

Yes they use Stainless Steel tubing and with the cured hoses you do need a bit of strength to get them off with some sort of washing up liquid. I will contact Shane at JS this week to see how they are getting on, and let them know of your offer.

Rob

I should be getting my hands on the new and improved V1.1 silicon hoses this week and hope to get them trial fitted ASAP. I will try and keep you all updated as I am jumping beteween Lincolnshire and the NW, employment and courses. Pictures to follow on once JS Performance are 100% happy with the setup.

Rob

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have received the bottom hose from JS Performance it now fits sweet on the engine and manifold, but there is a slight problem with it fitting to the radiator, nothing too complex, it is just not sitting right.

I am going to speak to the guys next week and the best plan of action is for them to use my car once it is complete as the main template to allow all the hose fittings to suit. This may take a few months to sort out on my behalf as I am in the process of moving locations, and sending my car to Mantasrme and Retro Power to finish the car off as I have run out off time where the car is currently located. :(

I hope all interested parties can hold on for a few months more, unless some one in the Lincolnshire area with an XE fitted Manta can liase with me for JS Performance to look at the hoses fitted to the car.

Cheers.

good things take time, count me in till the end

Derek

No worries dude,,,as said these things takes time,,,,and tbh sounds like there gonna be spot on when finished,,,better than a rushed effort that maybee not quite rite,,,,,,

Cheers Guys thanks for the support on this.

I hope to get them to push on with the CIH hoses soon, and get a price up for them.

Rob

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Update

I am waiting for space at "MantaSport" to have my car finished :) . Before it goes there I have liased with the guys at JS Performance to have my car taken to them for the hoses to be fitted to the car. They will need it for approx a week for final fitments. As soon as I have got dates etc I will update this thread.

I am sorry for slow correspondance to this thread, I have moved home and job and I am still getting use to the 0400 alarm to get to work for 0600 in Crewe. :wacko:-_-

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have dropped my car of at JS Performance (Thanks Mick :) ). Hope to have all XE hoses 100% in a week or so, Kits should be ready to make not long after (just in time for Christmas B) ). I have a CIH top hose (at JS Performance) but I cannot find a bottom hose and I require one to allow this set to be made. If possible can someone loan a spare lower hose to assist in the manufacture of the CIH hoses please.

Rob

• Like 1

Big thanks to Doug at the NW Manta meet tonight, he is going to supply me with the necessary hoses for the CIH GTE. The guys at JS Performance are going to make him a free set of silicon hoses for the use of his set of hoses :)

• Like 1

Cheers Rab for comments. I have been speaking to Shane today from JS Performance and he is confident that the XE hoses will be ready for my car at the weekend. :)B) . I am still awaiting for the hoses from Doug for the CIH setup, but they should be straight forward (tooling will be made in half a day).

They have said my hoses will be better in Red and I have been persuaded to change the colours of my coolant hoses. This will mean me having the Red Decals back on my car.

Update I have been told that the XE silicon hoses have been manufactured for my car and they are ver pleased with the results. I am waiting on photos and prices for the hose sets B)

I am still in need of CIH hoses as templates for Silicon Hoses, as previous person as mislaid theirs. The offer is still open for the first person to contact me via a PM and to pay for P&P both ways to the Silicon Hose company will get the hoses made for free :) . Please use me as the POC (point of contact) or you might be disapointed.

I will not be able to police this message board constantly over the next 3 weeks as I am away so please be patient.

Rob

Is it just top and bottom rad hoses for the CIH you're after? If so bear in mind the top hose is slightly different between carbed and injected cars, but I'd be happy to post you a carbed set to borrow!

that will be great mate. If the top hose is the difference then they have one of my old GTE top hoses. I will Pm you their address as it will be better to send them straight to them.

Rob