Silicon Hoses From Js Performance. Now With Added Omoc Discount

^^ I think I need the bottom set but without the plug in the heater connection hose or I will have to cut the heater hose off at the branch.

my set up is rear head connection hose to engine bulkhead with custom heater core

heater core connection down to the connection at the water pump

I realaise I will have hot air constantly flowing through the heater core, if this becomes an issue I will fit a manual operated 3 way diverting valve at the heater core

other option will be use the bottom set and put a tee in the pipe between the inlet manifold connection and the hose below

^^ makes sense, so thats me sorted I need a pair of the bottom ones in black, how do we go about ordering / putting our money where our mouths are :)

Rob, looks farkun sweet mate, hats off to you for perservering all this time.

Whats the next step, group buy?

Hi guys you can contact http://www.jsperformance.co.uk/ directly and specialy if you have a requirement to have a few items altered to suit your needs. Also Retropower are going to be a stockist aswell :)

• Like 1

I will probably go through Callum at Retropower then.

*EDIT*

that's me sorted I am on the Retro Power order list :)

Cheers to Rob for all his efforts on this, if there was a members rating system I would be awarding full marks to you mate - your a legend.

Edited by opelmantagsi

• 1 month later...

I got in touch with Robah, he said JS were looking for a CIH set to make these from so I dealt directly with them and posted them mine to use as a pattern. That means they're now able to make these hoses for the carbed CIH engines if anyone else wants a set, but they're different for the GTE injection types which I didn't have.

Still, if anyone's running the original carb or even a twin carb setup on a CIH these should be right!

Hey Rob

Can i ask how much the hoses cost?

Im looking to get some for my A series but its not going to be a standard set as im running injection and need to route the heater ones round the front of the engine and im running a custom rad, but the actual hoses are basic like the ones you have (no extra spouts etc..) i was going to make mine up with Samco parts but if a set isnt too much it might work out nearer the same price? and they look sooooo much nicer than lots of joints :-)

Thanks Andy

Nice, free is always good :-)

I will drop them a line. i have the original hoses and they should be the same for the new setup on the main ones but just smaller ID on the rad end.

Do you know if they have made a set for the A series CIH yet?

Andy

The heater rad is on the other side of the engine, so the standard set up is the same but they go around the back of the head. Not sure how to route mine yet as running different thermostat housing and have lots of injection stuff in the way so don't know if i can get them down that side!

Do you know if they keep the top and bottom hoses in stock, or do they just make to order?

Thanks for all the info, i have dropped them a line from their contact form on the site and will update this post with any info i get about the hoses.

Andy

Andy if you have any problems in contacting them I can pm you shane's mobile no. The guys at JS Performance are 100% genuine and are willing to help anyone with the hoses. If you ever go to their workshop, you will see the work they produce and the bigger business they do for other high profile companies.

Rob I am glad you are very happy with the hoses :thumbup

Has anyone got the hoses to assemble a set for the GTE setup?

Is the intention to do a group buy for all the people who expressed an interest?

I wanted a set for CIH in red, I assume that these are now available, but better to do a big order than lots of individuals, better for us & the manufacturer.

I suppose we need to decide the best way to pay up also.

Sam.

Had my new set in the post this morning for the Cav. Well impressed with these, good fit and nice quality products!

Apologies for the scumminess of the rest of my engine bay, but you get the idea :D

20121224_110759.jpg

20121224_110817.jpg

Hi Rob

Do you know what ID the top and bottom hoses are that you have for yours?

Andy

I can't speak for JS, but with the production technique used (there is only one set of mandrels) they cannot manufacture more than one set at a time, so the reduction in cost for a big batch would be pretty limited. Well worth asking them though

They can get quite a few kits made quickly as the process is quick. It depends on how many require the kits and how soon.