Manta B-Loosing Oil From Breather

SENNA1

Hi guys,

just replaced on my Manta B 2.0S the cylinder head with one of 2.2 which is perfect!

The problem is that when i 'push it a bid hard',there's alot of oil coming out of the evaporator.(which is just above the exhaust manifold & this creates fumes etc).

How can i eliminate this?

Cheers,

Con.

Edited by SENNA1

This is not uncommon. You could make some sort of catch tank system that allows the oil to run back into the engine. Alot of cars has a system like this factory mounted. The Polo Mk2 has a oil seperator for the oil that could be used if you are interested in building a unit for this issue?

The main issue will be how to get oil back into the engine from the collector as the only way into the engine is at the dipstick. You could knock out the other dipstick holes´ plug, but you would need to gain access to this from inside the engine = you will need to remove the oilpan. But this will be the best solution no doubt!

This is not uncommon. You could make some sort of catch tank system that allows the oil to run back into the engine. Alot of cars has a system like this factory mounted. The Polo Mk2 has a oil seperator for the oil that could be used if you are interested in building a unit for this issue?

The main issue will be how to get oil back into the engine from the collector as the only way into the engine is at the dipstick. You could knock out the other dipstick holes´ plug, but you would need to gain access to this from inside the engine = you will need to remove the oilpan. But this will be the best solution no doubt!

Thanks for your reply!

Is there a possibility for reducing the oil loss,if i extent the evaporator tube-going up 90 degrees from its horizontal position?

Edited by SENNA1

• 4 weeks later...

are the gauze filters in the valve / rocker cover clean, if not this can lead to oil coming through the breather, strange but true i have had a couple like this.

An update...

unfortunately,there's not an oil splashing guard attached below the rocker cover & the reason that oil is going out is because there's nothing to restrict this :angry:

I've modified the horizontal breather tube to a 90 degree towards up & this looks that everything is solved now!

Regards,

Con.