Early B Series Daily Ride

Paul Barrett

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

well, now have a brand new 'holy grail' chrome rear bumper (many thank Kenny for sorting!), to go with the brand new NOS front I picked up at billing. will be tucked away until spring, when im hoping PYC will get some attention, got quite a list forming, one item is a possible repaint in a different colour!

Edited by novashed

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

well, have been round a few bodyshops today getting some ideas on what to do with PYC. only found one guy that will take it on, a local 1 man band, and hopefully in a couple of months, provided I strip it down ready so he can roll it in and out within a week.

so hopefully should be ready for billing 14'

I am getting married in june too so its going to be real push! :wacko:

• 2 months later...

Righty, but of update, trying to get her a bit tidier for billing. Unfortunately the finances are no longer available after my wedding honeymoon for any

Paint work . So I've decided just to get on doing all the bits I wanted to for ages so she looks presentable.

Got cracking with finally lowering it, rear end easy as we all know, but the front a different story, I hate spring compressors, but got there in the end and very happy with the result. Managed to It by just unbolt if the upper balljoints and squeezing the compressors in and then a bit of brave levering,

D089E288-15B4-41AD-B442-E80D1AA582E8_zps

DB97AF34-8E60-4DD2-9A6E-1DEA93AAA829_zps

0576DE9F-6241-497F-B123-12630B2A95CF_zps

Just the rear done here for comparison

64E99A0A-E638-4701-9F0C-5BE3889E0D83_zps

All four corners

344F6A07-9B8F-4B6A-B113-0D49CF260C9B_zps

Went and had tracked up again too as I had time, wasn't too far off, equal both sides anyway!

Actually drives really nice now, was expecting it to be harsh with a 60mm drop but it's much better than stock!

Spent some time sorting the curb rash on all the alloys, then cleaned up all the plugs and reset gaps etc, cleaned carb up, whacked a new rotor arm in as I has one new in a box. Been sortin some interior bits too. Busy day really.

• Like 3

• 8 months later...

Took PYC out for a blast and a wash trying to try and decide what Im going to do with her.

Keep it and spend some money on a pain job and few bits

Or

Sell up

With my first bab due any day now it's hard to decide. She hardly gets used these days and is starting to look tired, so would be a real shame to let things go and need major surgery few years down the line, I

Keep thinking whether to strip her down and get her into a body shop on a long term basis and pay someone in stages when I stump some cash together or just sell it to someone who has time and money to do her justice.

I have become quite attached to this car though, more so than any other I've owned for some reason.

it would be great if you could get the person who sprayed the door to spray the rest of the car, im sure if you did the prep work you could get it done for a reasonable price, maybe just get the front and rear wings sprayed i think the colour match would look ok,

your manta looks in good condition should not need to much spending on it, the colour looks great, if you did decide to sell it i would not let it go to cheap as the manta seams to be going up in value real fast,

Tony Harris the guy who owned my manta before me said he maybe looking for another manta auto coupe if you did decide to sell,

tony has only ever drove manta,s he is mad on them, an omoc member to

• 3 weeks later...