Carburettor Problem

liamo

Hello all.

My manta 19.s seems to be having carburettor trouble, Its been missing a little when cold for the past two or three times I have used it. yesterday when I started it it ran o.k for a few mins then started missing / spluttering and eventually stopped altogther. I cannot start it now. I have got spark and petrol is reaching the carburettor,I have tried

it many times and it just fires very briefly now and then. the plugs are totally dry so I guess its not flooded. Sorry for being so long winded trying to give enough information. Its a Zenith with automatic choke. should I get it rebuilt, any advice appreciated. any reccomendation as to who rebuilds / repairs same please. are there common problems with these units ?.

Thanks

does sound like you are not getting any fuel into the engine, take the fuel pipe off the carb, put the end in a bottle and crank the engine, make sure the fuel pumps out, if it does then you might have dirt in your carb blocking things up.