A Blast From The Past - Just Saying Hello!

Monza

Hello guys - its been one hell of a long time since I've been here, but I thought I would drop by and say hello!

I am an ex-OMOC member - having owned 5x Manta's in the past...a 1.6 Manta-A, 2x 1.9 Manta-B's (Coupe & Hatch) a Manta-C 1.8 Berlinetta Hatch & my last one - a mint, red '87 GTE Hatch - and I loved each and every one of them too! :D

I was also the co-founder and ex Vice-Chairman of the Royale-Monza O.C. Int - unfortunately for me, 'my' club has recently been run-down and is no more - but I still own my Monza - A14GSE...an Anthracite GSE which I've owned since 1990, but I've also owned 16-other Monza's during that time too!!! :rolleyes:

If its OK with you guys, I'd like to stop-by and say hello a little more often - its lonely out there now, especially when no one loves you!!! :(

Keep up the good work - and look forward to saying hello again soon! :)

Regards to all - Guy Muller (the Opel-Pimp!)

Your welcome here mate. Nice you've come back. Have to say, I love Monza's too. My next car when funds allow will be an early 3.0E Monza pre GSE if I can find a good one.

Sorry to hear your clubs been run down. Do you know of the Autobarnstormers? They accept any owners of straight six Vauxhall/Opels don't they?

Hello gents - thanks for the warm welcome!

Dave (smiffy220) we have spoken before fella - on another old-car forum...I seem to remember trying to meet up with you at the Enfield Pageant last year bud???

Unfortunately mate - and this may sound very wrong, but the Autobahnstormers were the RMOC's sworn rivals and if I'm being honest, I couldn't really bring myself to join them I'm afraid - sorry!...indeed, I have spoken with a few of 'our' old members who have joined them, and they have all asked me to consider starting another dedicated Monza Owners-Club...who knows what may happen in the future???!!! :rolleyes:

Irmscher Man - I see your in Northants...anywhere near the Rushden/Kettering/Wellingborough area's mate???

Kind Regards - Guy :) .

Edited by Monza

Welcome to the forum Guy! My Dad was in the RMOC for years, had literally dozens of Monzas, Royales and Senators over the years. I was driving what I was told was the last Royale ever built as my daily runner for about 6 months, a coupe in Carnelian red with the S2 Monza interior, 3.0 fuel injected engine and a blitz badge on the tailgate!

Still got two chrome-bumpered Senators and a load of spares, if there's ever any parts you're after give me a shout :)

hi Guy, you cant be that from me, i live just near Milton Keynes and though i am dedicated to Manta's i have a striaght six interest, in the workshop (75% welded then set aside to finnish other things) is a Vauxhall Royale saloon, a rare beastie these days, i have also spent a few hours under the bonnet of my friend Mr Downs Opel Commadore A GSE, a very rare bestie!

Would you be interested in joining 'our' crowd at local car shows? ( our crowd = local Manta owners, local Cavalier and Chevette club members and other wiafs and strays in Vauxhall/Opel cars!)

This sunday the Vauxhall Heritage Centre is open for 'drive it day'

PM me or give me a call on the number bellow and we 'chew the Opel fat'

Hi Rob, Hi Ian...

Its good to hear from you both...Rob - I remember your car and being told that it was the last ever Royale Coupe sold - if I remember correctly, it had a chrome Opel blitz on the tailgate (it was going back a long time though!)...and am I mistaken for thinking it had a charcol interior?...any idea if it's still around?

I would be interested in buying some of those spares you mention fella - do you have a good 3.0 engine available???

Oh, and please give my regards to your dad!

Ian - you sound just like me sir!

I would love to join in with you guys if you'll have me - thanks for asking mate...

I am currently doing some remedial bodywork to my old girl - she's off the road for a while at the moment (I'm also restoring another of my inner-most passions - a 1942 Ford GPW Jeep) so won't be able to make it to the Heritage Centre I'm afraid - Sorry!...but please do let me know what other events you guys plan on attending...

Next week, my household will be gaining 'access' to another Manta - new OMOC forum member 'zublet' is like our adopted-son...he lives with us during his working week and usually goes back home to Leicestershire on his days off - he is just about to take delivery of a great, Manta GT/J - which I know we shall be playing with, quite considerably over the coming months!!! (he also owns a '45 Ford Jeep too!)

One thing I'm not sure of, is how to send a PM on the forum - I can't find a PM button anywhere!!!

Keep in touch...

Kind Regards - Guy.

Ah guy, yes mate I remember you now. Did you have a Cougar also? I sold mine last year sadly. I haven't yet made an Enfield Pageant, but my Dad used to go regularly. If I'm right, my car is too new for the single make areas, so unless I'm on a club stand it's hard to get in there isn't it?

Will have to catch up sometime mate for sure. I'm debating going to Billing in July, just not certain yet. Will you be there?

Sorry I mentioned the 'B' name now! I met them at a show in Colchester in 2010, and they seemed a decent enough bunch there.

Dave

Hi Dave,

Yes - thats me!

I ought to say this quietly really...yes mate, I do still have a Cougar -_-...but not the same one - Sam has got that one now - but he's looking at selling it soon (hence buying his Manta)...

I replaced his with another one, identical - except for it being an auto...but that may well be going soon too, to help pay for some work i want doing on the Monza!

Your right in what you say about the Enfield Pageant being hard to get into fella - its like a fortress, and it's stupid that a 32-yr old car can't get in to be displayed mate...I wonder if they'd consider a 1980 Ferrari, Porsche or Lamb'o as a classic???...in all honesty mate - the events not what it used to be anyway...I don't know if I'll bother this year!

I will be going to Billing though - I'm sure we can catch-up there fella - if your lucky, I might even let you buy me a pint! ;):DB)

I'll look forward to meeting with you there!

Regards - Guy. :)

Your memory serves reasonably well! It was a gold interior, with dealer fitted air con as apparently it had been ordered with air con but turned up at the dealer without. Originally had the chrome blitz badge on the tailgate from a Monza as well, but that was missing when I got it so I put the correct rectangular Royale coupe badge on it to fill the holes. Proper parts bin car :)

Image391.jpg

Image385.jpg

Image398.jpg

It was very sound but looking slightly scruffy around the edges when we let it go in part-ex against a Bitter SC. The person my Dad sold it to has become a good friend, so I can easily find out where it is and what it's doing these days!

As for engines, don't think we've got any decent 3.0 ones at the moment but I'll ask my Dad just in case he's got one tucked in a shed somewhere that I don't know about!

Guy,

I'm over near Daventry but my sister in law lives in Kettering and we've got friends in Gt Cransley, so we are over that side of the county quite often.......not usually in a Manta though! I bought my Calibra from a guy in Kettering quite a few years back too, so you may have seen a Yellow SE2 doing the rounds.

Hope to catch up with you at Billing and have a look at your GSE, always loved them.

Cheers,

Paul.

Thank-You all so much, for the really warm welcome guys - its made me feel properly welcome to be here...Cheers!!!

Right - getting back to your posts...

Paul - I'll keep a beady eye open for that yellow Calibra buddy - just don't think it strange, if you get a green Cougar flashing & waving at you fella! :P

Zublet - Cheers Marra...they did look really cool, didn't they mukka... :)

Spiney_Norman...No mate - it wasn't my one fella...do you mean I have a 'clone' driving around, one just like mine???...but then again, imitation IS the greatest form of flattery they say!!! (PS - if your dad has a good 3.0-12v engine laying around, I'd be interested mate, if you could ask him please - Ta!

Mantaman - I have noticed that a few internet sites & mag's still carry the details mate...I'll have to raise it with the groups last Chairman, to get it sorted fella - Thanks for the heads-up though...

Just to let you all know, that I'm now making room at home to house a certain silver Manta GT/J, as of this coming weekend - and an equally enthusiastic young owner, too!!! (even though he didn't want to T-Cut up his newly aquired GTE Alloys this evening - prefering instead, to go out on the pop - NO DEDICATION, SOME PEOPLE!!! :lol:)

Regards to all and speak soon...Guy.