17.opel-Treffen Oschersleben, Germany Show (Pic Heavy)

Chris Harden

I thought I'd add a few pics about an Opel show some of you guys & girls may be interested in attending next year.

The show is Opel-Treffen Oschersleben in Germany.

This years attendance was 20,200 cars and 68,000 Opel fans over the weekend.

Here is a link to the official website:- http://www.opeltreff...ben.de/en/Start

Here is a link to this years photo's I managed to take. Only a few 2,043 pictures!

My Photobucket has been edited to a mere 582 so far :)http://s38.photobuck...012/?start=all]

Here is a link to some FAQ's for this years journey, but it's still pretty much up to date for costs.

http://www.totalvaux...read.php?t=458]

Here are a few teaser pics of what it's like

We take over the area for the duration of the show

_DSC2793.jpg

The UK group going for a drive around the show, as it's that big!

_DSC2874.jpg

Car Club stands

_DSC3039.jpg

_DSC3069.jpg

_DSC3097.jpg

_DSC3123.jpg

_DSC3134.jpg

_DSC3297.jpg

_DSC3323.jpg

_DSC3363.jpg

Burn-Out contest entertainment

_DSC3556.jpg

Random girls :)_DSC3831.jpg

Night Entertainment

_DSC3863.jpg

_DSC3877.jpg

_DSC4047.jpg

Cars specifically made for just driving around the show.

_DSC4148.jpg

Classic Opel show stand. The oldest Opel was from 1934_DSC4151.jpg

Show and Shine cars. Absolutely spotless everywhere

_DSC4249.jpg

Fireworks Display is the event finale (Saturday Night)

_DSC4398.jpg

_DSC4404.jpg

After the show finished on the Sunday AM, we headed off to the Nurburgring for 2 days for a drive around the legendary track and a few tourist pics of the area.

Chris

Edited by Chris Harden

I agree with Chris. This was a cracking weekend...opel heaven and the almost cult status opels have there was amazing. I will upload a selection of the manta and asconas photos I took over the weekend and post a link.

Wow, that looks and sounds great, do you have any dates for next year?

Simon,

The dates for 2013 will not be announced until November this year.

The estimated dates would be Mid-May to Early-June with the days being Thursday-Sunday of the show.

It's for Oschersleben Motorsport Arena to organise the DTM/other motorsport calendar there, that's the reason for that date the next years schedule is released.

We normally travel over on the Wednesday early AM to get at the show Wednesday night.

The gates open officially at 8am, but they do open before that, usually around 6:30-7am as every car you see is an Opel queuing to get in.

As soon as I know, I'll post the dates up :D

It may clash with PVS13 like this years event did, but this is one show that has become one not to miss.

I thought i'd post this thread up to give people interested in going, the most information possible about the show, and plenty of notice to decide if you want to go.

Ideally, so there's no surprises ie: costs/being stuck/not knowing what to expect/speaking German. That way IF the show looks like something you want to do, you know what to expect when there. That way you can relax and enjoy it more.

The FAQ link HERE in my first post should be able to answer any other questions about the show you may have about how to get there and what's need for driving abroad.

Here is an ariel shot of the show (we were in the area on the left hand side of this pic) Kartbahn area. (Go-kart track)

opel-treffen-oschersleben-2012.jpg

Chris

That looks like a fantastic trip and if I ever get my car on the road I would love to go. It all depends on my new employment and situation when the time arrives. Great photos Chris now heading to your photobucket site :thumbup

Rob

• 2 weeks later...

This looks awesome,, could I gauge any interest for 2013? as I would love to go to this!!

This looks awesome,, could I gauge any interest for 2013? as I would love to go to this!!

I'll be at VBOA Billing on the Astra Mk1oc stand should anyone want to come and have a chat with us about the show.

I should be there from Friday afternoon so I should be about :)

Chris

Cheers Chris, I will try and do that, but being part chair, part event organiser, I didnt get off the omoc stand last year!

Will have to make the effort to come over to you and you are welcome to come over and see us anyway.

Fiona

Cheers Chris, I will try and do that, but being part chair, part event organiser, I didnt get off the omoc stand last year!

Will have to make the effort to come over to you and you are welcome to come over and see us anyway.

Fiona

That's fine Fiona,

I'll come and find you on the OMOC stand and talk your ears off about it :P:D

Chris

That's fine Fiona,

I'll come and find you on the OMOC stand and talk your ears off about it :P:D

Chris

Cheers Chris,

Look forward to seeing you there.

I will be there from Thursday afternoon.

Regards,

Fiona :D