Clutch Cover Uprated Bolts

Just putting the new clutch in (9" one) and the bolts I had from the 2.0l clutch cover don't seem man enough. Does anyone know if you can get ARP ones for the cover? The flywheel is off a monza but the same bolt size as a 2.0l

Any help would be great.

Andy

Edited by 611

not sure if ARP do these, but check their web site to be sure, they have a good online list, better if you know the thread type size and pitch.

I would go to an engineering supply shop and buy high tensile cap screws myself, get the highest tensile available in that size, will be heaps cheaper and just as strong as the rivets in the actual clutch cover (if not stronger)

Hey Andy

I think it was the spring washers that were causing the problem as on two of them the washer started to splay out!

The hard part now is getting them out as the bolt heads don't seem that strong and the corners round easily if your not careful :-)

and i think your right with the cap head bolts Chris, i think i should have got those first!

Thanks Andy

Andy

Just replace them with std m8 cap head bolts, should be 12.9 stamped on the head, plenty strong enough!

Chris

yeah I agree with Chris this is what I was meaning, 12.9 is the tensile rating so that's mega.

spring washers too.

get a blow torch on the old ones, give them some heat and they will come out sweet as...

Edited by opelmantagsi

I've got grade 12.9 bolts on my 3.6 Monza along with grade 10.9 split washers (they didn't come in grade 12.9). Didn't get any nasty splaying when I put it together and it's holding so far. :-)

Should definitely use blue Locktite, as you say.

Cheers,

Nick

Its a great thing and google is even better, where would we be without it :-)

Thanks for all the info guy's, i think i can get them from the local fastener place, so will be popping over next week.

Then its pop the gearbox apart for a quick check to make sure its all ok and then that back in and then i can start to finish the motor build.

Im sure i will have a few more questions before its running :-)

Thanks Andy