Manta Power Steering Column

mantasrme

• 2 years later...

Hi there can i order one of these kits its of my cadet but i think its quiet similar 07747755848

While they look similar the manta kit won't fit the Kadett as the dash is a different shape. You can fit a corsa B epas column to it but would need to make the brackets from scratch.

i did sell a couple of corsa columns to people fitting them in Kadetts but they were standard columns and for them to fit themselves (one was a lhd if i remember rightly)

• 2 weeks later...

I have most of the parts in stock but am currently out of donor manta columns, although am on the hunt for some more.

In the meantime if you can send me your manta column i can convert it and return the Epas kit within a couple of days ready to fit.

Hi, mantasrme, which year corsas do I need to look out for? 

Its the column from a corsa B which is around 1994-2000 but not all of them had the electric column, some didn't have power steering and some others had hydraulic power steering, it was mostly the later cars and above base spec that had the EPAS columns fitted. So can be a bit of a hunt around the yards.

If you can find one in a local breakers yard and remove it yourself you can get a fair price for one, more so if they don't know what they sell for on e-Bay. Just make sure you get the ECU, lower link and also the blue power plug.

If buying from e-bay the columns are currently selling for £100- £180 untested and often without the blue plug (others are selling the plug at £10)

Hi david.

Is your price still the same ? £190

Chris.

The price has gone up a bit since i originally posted this advert 3 years ago (as most things have in that time) largely due to the increase in Corsa column prices but the other parts have also crept up. Its currently £240 for the kit plus £20 p+p with a further £30 exchange available for your old manta column.

Currently i am out of manta columns so they are only available on an exchange basis, needing your manta column to use for the conversion i can have it done and heading back to you in a couple of days for £230 all in

The basic kit is the same as it was but now includes a bracket to hang the ecu bellow the washer bottle tray and new lengths of wire fitted to the power plug with the correct crimp terminals (sourced from the USA in bulk)

Also included are all the terminals required to fit the kit, heat shrink, a fuse holder and fuse, the blue power plug with wire (1.5m red 0.5m brown so plenty for the power and earth) The manta lower bearing is stripped and the bearings replaced and all re-greased. Plus of course the speed signal box and adjuster to make it all work.

corsa-epas-kit2.jpg

• Like 1

many thanks, if I find my own Corsa parts and a spare Manta column, can you do the conversion for me?

Yep no problem, have just done one like that for someone, that would be £140

That gets your corsa column checked and the torque sensor adjusted if required, both columns stripped, lower bearing re-built, bracket parts blasted then modified on my jig, ecu bracket built, everything painted, all the wiring stuff inc fuse and holder, speed controller etc, then boxed and shipped back to you.

Yep no problem, have just done one like that for someone, that would be £140

That gets your corsa column checked and the torque sensor adjusted if required, both columns stripped, lower bearing re-built, bracket parts blasted then modified on my jig, ecu bracket built, everything painted, all the wiring stuff inc fuse and holder, speed controller etc, then boxed and shipped back to you.

What year corsa power steering motor do you need?

What year corsa power steering motor do you need?

I posted it further up in the thread mate

Its the column from a corsa B which is around 1994-2000 but not all of them had the electric column, some didn't have power steering and some others had hydraulic power steering, it was mostly the later cars and above base spec that had the EPAS columns fitted. So can be a bit of a hunt around the yards.

If you can find one in a local breakers yard and remove it yourself you can get a fair price for one, more so if they don't know what they sell for on e-Bay. Just make sure you get the ECU, lower link and also the blue power plug.

If buying from e-bay the columns are currently selling for £100- £180 untested and often without the blue plug (others are selling the plug at £10)

• 2 months later...
21 hours ago, mantasrme said:

Yes i'm still making them, you have a PM Peter

I have most of the components to do this Mod, might have to send it over to you David to build up for me, as a future spare steering column.

On 27/01/2016 at 0:37 AM, brady said:

Great kit, made my own about 8 yrs ago, .....shit, time flies!

Motor mounted to left knee, even kept my original column.

Only modification was two holes needed drilled.

Great job, and helps trying to park with 8 inch ats up front!

Worth while conversion. 

Yeah, drill 2 holes for rear mount of column, trim the lower dash a little and connect 6 wires. Really is a simple fit.

14 hours ago, robah said:

I have most of the components to do this Mod, might have to send it over to you David to build up for me, as a future spare steering column.

No problem Rob, i can do that for you. Have done a couple like that already for people.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, youngron said:

Have you anymore of these kits need one for my kadett c coupe please 07747755848

These kits will not fit the Kadett i'm afraid, and i have not done one for that as i have never had one in to work out the prototype.