mantasrme

Manta Power Steering Column

hi fella I have corsa Colum and manta Colum if I get them to you what is the price for conversion ta mike  

To strip your corsa column check and adjust the torque sensor, strip and cut manta column, upper column machined in lathe, re-build lower bearing, ecu mounting bracket built, all modified and welded in my jigs, all sandblasted, then everything painted, all the wiring terminals, Blue power plug with new power and earth wire, 50 amp fuse and holder, speed signal controller, then boxed and shipped back to you it would be £100 plus £15 for return postage

Hi David. Can you give me a price and availablity for a EPS system , please. I have a Manta column but will need all the Corsa bits. Cheers Chris.

How easy will it be to remove the power steering column from a scrap car in a yard?

Most of it is easy but there are 2 shear bolts holding the upper column mount that will need a sharp chisel and hammer to knock round and undo. They can be a bit of a pain to get undone sometimes, but if you loosen them before the lower mount it helps.

Other than that i think the B column comes out with just a 13mm socket for the rear mounts and lower U/J to rack. Plus obviously steering wheel nut and several screws for plastic trim that is in the way. The screws may be small torx ones. To be honest its been a while since i have removed a B column i've been doing a lot of C's recently for other kits as they are much easier to find.

Hi Mantasrme

Id be interested in in buying one of the manta b power steering conversion kits - Do you have any available? 

Cheers

Iain

Hi Iain, unfortunately i am out of stock of the donor corsa columns currently. they are getting harder to find.