Short Term Fix For Heating/rad Issues

H

Hi all

ive had an underlying heating issue for a while which meant i popped the tremostat ages ago and ive been adding water as and when as ive not been in a position to deal with it due to lack of funds ... anyway the situation has gone critical this week and the rad has sprung a big leak at a front fin and the top seam ... k-seal helped for about 50 miles but i lost all water today ... anything i can do to patch it up on the fly pending some time and money ( next couple of weeks ) hitting my account ? is there any kind of tape or similar i can use to stem the leaks ? thanks ...

Used method fae years back afore awe yur super duper help oots noo awedays eg Rad Weld ect ect. And yur old Kellogs boxes still make good temp gasket repairs tae this day. Noisy diffs wan would place in awe tad sawdust tae quieten doon not recommended though :rolleyes: but worked. Yur auld metal coat hangers made braw temp arials AWE THI GID AULD DAYS B)

• Like 1

getting my spare radiator re-cored hopefully next week ... because i finally got paid !!! underlying heating issue has proven to be the viscous fan not driving the fan if anyone has one ... parts ad posted ... didnt get around to trying the egg trick yet ... the k-seal is holding the rad but when it gets sufficiently hot it blows though at the fracture and i lose my water complement

cars that overheat are the bane of my life ... and they all seem to wind up that way eventually ... just been paid for the first time in 3 years believe it or not and on my to-do list next week is to re-join as a member ... until then can anyone confirm if the viscous fan is orderable from a motor factor ?