Looking For Manta B Track Day Car

batz

From Totalopel.com

http://totalopel.com/forum/showthread.php?p=116484#post116484

Edit: Link fixed.

Spec and pics lads :thumbup:

Body.

Coupe. Any repairs that needed to be done were by myself. Paintwork is excellent. It was fully resprayed about six years ago. Lightened steel doors. Steel bonnet. Fibreglass coupe three piece spoiler (it will not sag). Gt/e bodykit.Elegance rear bumper. The fuel pump is located inside the boot. The whole car was sandblasted and the underneath is white gloss. No underseal anywhere on the car.

"Plastics for performance Ltd". fulll moulded polycarbonate window kit with door sliders. This kit costs over 600 sterling. I also have a full set of perfect glass to go with it and door window winders.

Interior.

Safety devices six point cage. Reclining bucket seats (not certified). Interior fire extinguisher.Custom dash with new oil pressure gauge and water temp gauge in heater pods. Separate interior electrical heaters inside dash. Manual override electric fan switch. Fuel pump switch. Heater switches.

Engine.

New type C20XE engine on jenvey throttle bodies on Omex600 ECU. Porus sleeved GM ported head. Approx 800 miles since built. Mapped by Martin Treacy in westward Precision engineering in Enfield and producing 186 bhp.(Printout to prove).I have spent over 6000 on this engine. I have rebuilt every part of this engine myself. I created a full blog on the vxopel.com site and i have it attached to this email. Its a full documented rebuild and all of the costs involved. Since that rebuild i have gotten bronze valve guides fitted and a new head gasket because a little piece of an old steel valve guide broke off and set into the top of one of the pistons approx 12 months ago.

Running Gear.

Manta 1.8 5 speed gearbox with quick shift linkage.Welded rear 1.8 diff. I have an open 1.8 axle and also I have a welded 2.0 gt/e axle also going with it. Quiafe Quick steering rack. 2.2 turns lock to lock. I have a standard one also.

Brakes.

Calibra 16v front callipers on Carlton discs. Rear Zafira calipers and disks. The manual handbrake works perfect. Hydraulic handbrake also.Braided brake lines throughout. New copper lines. Girling pedal box with a remote controller to bias the front/rear pressures.

Suspension

Spax adjustable shocks on 60mm springs. All of the suspension bushings and balljoints were renewed in the last five years.

Wheels

Ronal 14 inch gte wheels. I have a full spare set of ronal gte wheels with track tyres. (Soft compound)

OpelManta001.jpg

OpelManta002.jpg

OpelManta003.jpg

OpelManta004.jpg

OpelManta005.jpg

OpelManta006.jpg

OpelManta007.jpg

OpelManta008.jpg

OpelManta009.jpg

Edited by Fermanta

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

manta v8 off mrnick has been sold

anyone got a manta b v8 or a 16v one for sale rally prepped track car not bothered about condition or sunroof must be something or someone out there cash waiting

Edited by peter evans

• 3 weeks later...