Which Spark Plugs / Leads For The Manta?

Thomas77GR

Hi all sorry for the naive question, what plugs do people here have on their mantas (ngk, bosch etc?), reasons for choice? just curious as I want to buy me some new for my A series.

can you recommend me something?

it's a standard A series fitted with a 2.0 block and webber card.

thanks in advance

Thomas

• 3 weeks later...

i would steer well clear of the champion plugs, i have had cars refuse to start from cold with these fitted,its got to be NGK for me . as for plug leads this depends on wether you are using electronic ignition. it is worth bearing in mind silicone leads need only be used where heat is a factor , which it is not on the cih engine.

I agree on NGK is the best choice. Also using good leads are very important as there is alot of resistance in the ignition parts itself on the old cars. The thicker and better leads the better imo. Magnecor has what you need in that department. Otherwise you can actually buy a complete set for DIY wich is something i have considere many times. You can make leads like 14mm thick and with a absolute minimum of resistance.

• 1 month later...

The thicker and better leads the better imo. Magnecor has what you need in that department. Otherwise you can actually buy a complete set for DIY wich is something i have considere many times. You can make leads like 14mm thick and with a absolute minimum of resistance.

Just make sure if you get thicker leads that they will fit into the ends of the dizzy cap !

I got caught out once by not giving it a second thought !!! :(