Sold - Please Delete

czwh42

***SOLD - PLEASE DELETE****

For sale is my Opel GT project. The car is a 1969 Opel GT 1.9 model. The log book states its official colour as silver and not primer :) I have had this verified by the Opel GT Owners Club UK. I bought the car about 2 years ago with the intention of continuing the restoration that had been started by a previous owner. Unfortunately, other projects have got in the way and I'm not sure when I'll be able to spend time on this. I will probably regret selling this car, but needs must. The car has been stored in my garage and is in the same condition I bought it.

The car itself is a good shell. All the floors seem to be in good condition. The only downer being the nose cone has been cut out, but I have a replacement panel. This will come with the car. Anyone with good fabrication skills (and lots of patience) should be able to sort this out. The car comes with seats, dashboard, doors, all glass and some other parts I received with the car. The engine is 1.9 CIH item. I've not heard it run, but I was assured by the previous owner that it did run.

There are some (but not many) parts available in the UK. I would recommend joining the UK Opel GT Owners Club as there is a wealth of knowledge and some parts available. German and US eBay are another source of parts and you can get some bargains if you look hard enough.

The car was registered in December 1973 in the UK (M reg), but in the 'Special Notes' section on the log book it says 'Declared Manufactured 1969'. I'm not sure if this is enough to register it for zero road tax, but it up to the new owner to look into this. I hold no responsibility if it turns out not to be eligible for zero road tax.

Needless so say, the car has no tax or MOT, but I do have some previous MOTs. You will need a trailer to remove it. The car is registered in my name and I have the new style V5 document.

If you have any questions or need further pictures, don't hesitate to drop me a PM or place a message on this thread. Price is £1650 and the car is located in Derby.

No warranty implied or given.

pic1.jpg

pic2.jpg

pic3.jpg

pic4.jpg

Edited by czwh42

• 1 month later...