What Lsds Will Fit In A Manta?

JohnClayton

• 1 year later...

Wouldn't treat that as a proper limited-slip diff, as far too basic imho.

They don't even recommend using different oil or modifiers, so the wear from those bolt-on clamps would probably be quite substantial, so any effect when first installed would need adjustment not long after. I would think.

If something sounds too good to be true, or too cheap, there is often a reason for it.

Though to be fair, sometimes a good and cheaper alternative design can appear and be up to the job.

ymmv

• 3 years later...
  • 1 year later...

See picture 7 on listing, locks both sides, think it is constant basically. There was someone on before advising, its wasnt up to the job, material it was made from was weak.

But i was driving a high powered manta at the weekend, one wheel drive, it was the first big power manta ive driving without an LSD, it was scarey, and harder to drive, dangerous, and didnt like it. 

guess im used to LSDs now.

• Like 1

I had fitted a ZF lsd (Ray West) to combat wheel spin, even with 2nd gear starts. It did help, especially on damp roads, but the most positive thing was how it improved high speed cornering, the car felt really planted so was able to use more speed into corners/coming off slip roads ..money well spent... 

• Like 1