Rekord E 2.0 Cih Auto Kickdown Cable Wanted

HARDCORE

How do gents, long time no speaks :)

Not back on with the Manta quite yet unfortunately, but have got myself a nice '79 Rekord E saloon to play with for now. I'm working through it putting everything back together (came to me mostly in bits) and got it running nicely today, with the gearbox refitted but the kickdown cable has been cut. Anyone got one? (Or a source for one?) Are they the same as a 2.0 CIH auto Manta one?

I'll put some pics up if anyone's interested - it'll be in my usual fairly uncompromising style ;)

Thanks!

HC.

Good to hear it's running, did you get the grille alright? I'll keep an eye out for a kickdown cable, didn't realise the one on the car had been cut. The previous owner was planning to fit a manual box so wasn't too worried about it. Might have a Senator one somewhere, I'll let you know mate!

Hello bud :D yep, got the grille fine thanks - was gonna text you a pic of it fitted but didn't quite get that far :P

Engine runs a charm! Box is a little clunky but seems to be working ok. Quick zap with the welder next weekend & I'll put the front end & suspention back together - then MoT time!

Pretty much everything in the engine bay had been cut - all easy to put back together tho, except the kick down cable! eBay turned up nothing, but I wasn't sure what other models would have the same 'box? Any help appreciated - want it on the road early Jan :D