Cav Saloon Turbo Project

shooie811

this is quality work, i am impressed by how neatly you have solved the engine mount / turbo position problem.

I am right that is Monaco blue paint? anyway that shade of blue will really suit a MK 1 Cavalier and i like the retention of the chrome bumpers, it will be a bit of a 'sleeper'  I would love to see the look on the face of young chav in his hot hatch when this Cavalier blows him into the weeds !!

• Like 1

this is quality work, i am impressed by how neatly you have solved the engine mount / turbo position problem.

I am right that is Monaco blue paint? anyway that shade of blue will really suit a MK 1 Cavalier and i like the retention of the chrome bumpers, it will be a bit of a 'sleeper'  I would love to see the look on the face of young chav in his hot hatch when this Cavalier blows him into the weeds !!

Its sapphire blue mate thats exactly what im aiming for a proper sleeper to embarrass the young team in there wee corsas and civics etc aha
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

Dynomat fitted shoud help keep the road noise down null_zpsb05b0f62.jpgnull_zps8d8bccec.jpg ive hidden the brake compensator valve in the passenger foot well it was too close to the turbo plus it makes the bay look cleaner null_zps60859987.jpgnull_zpsc2236e65.jpg bracket made up to hold goodridge hose null_zps1f071ec6.jpgnull_zps0b6a60aa.jpg propshaft all fitted thanks again to retropower for getting it made up so quick great bit of kit null_zps6fc3a0c4.jpgbrand new rad and electric fad fitted null_zpse4758a04.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Adjusting the back arches to accomadate some fat wheels null_zps1a536c72.jpg its now off to get the exhaust made up then hopfully get it fired up null_zps5f471df6.jpgnull_zpsb233373e.jpgnull_zps96295dce.jpgnull_zpsfa05b218.jpg wont be long now shell to get painted, wiring done then get the air ride suspension fitted cant wait to get this beast out for summer

• 4 weeks later...

Cheers man not really the manifold went straight on to flange with a few tweaks to line it up im running a qauife atb lsd 4:6:1 final drive with a steel torque tube . The front brakes are calibra turbo setup with drilled and grooved discs and good ridge hoses. the rear are mk 4 Astra disc setup will get more pics of these up soon when they are all plumbed up