Manta 400 Ronal Wheels

opelscott22

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Luke, Ive seen those. They look good but they work out at £2300 plus shipping. Thats not far off what Id be looking to spend on an original set.

I think Id have trouble selling them on if I ever needed to aswell with them not being original.

Id like to see a set painted white to see how close they are though.

Scott.

Somebody should knock up some decent replicas with all the casting numbers in them. They'd sell loads. The Capri club did this with the X pack 7x13 and 7.5x13 rims and also the Brooklands 7x15's though they didn't bother with the casting numbers.

I have considered having them re-cast. I contacted Ronal and was told they have no license or design rights over them, its down to Opel. I never got a reply from Opel when I enquired, though Im sure theres no issue there as the guys making the split ones must have asked the same questions.

The costs are quite high though, Im not sure Im in a position to stump up the cash to have the dies made, (its horribly expensive!) especially as there are two to make.

I think there would need to be a minimum of 25 sets at around £1800 a set to make break even. Im not so sure theres the demand.

Even if there was, Im at the wrong end of the country to supervise any manufacturing. (no casting places in scotland)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Scott, There is a lad I was speaking to a while back and he has a set for sale, I can't seem to get anyone to go for them so if you want to try him I will text you his number,The lad had 4 wheels and six tyres as 2 of the tyres were getting a bit down and they are 15'' also.