Manta Power Steering Columns Part 2

mantasrme

These power steering conversion kits have proven very popular so I have sourced a few more corsa columns and have converted them into complete kits.

So i have 3 kits for sale and will be making more as i get more parts

IMG_2133Medium_zps793bcf3c.jpg

With this kit you get a modified corsa/manta column ready to fit to your car including a speed controller (required to make the column work).

Its built to take all the standard manta switchgear, steering wheel and the original manta cowling will even still fit. This is to keep the standard look of the car.

epas19.jpg

The mounting brackets have been made so the column motor tucks up behind the dashboard towards the passenger side so there is no need for major work to fit it. All that required is the drivers lower dash needs a small piece trimming out and the passenger lower dash needs a reinforcing web triming back from the rear of it. You can just see the lower part of the column sticking bellow the dash, but this is not visable when driving or when stood next to the car looking in.

Apart from that there are 6 wires to connect and 2 holes to drill for the extra rear mount. You will also need to swap across your switchgear and ignition barrel from your current column (only 4 bolts)

The speed controller comes with an adjustable dial to set the amount of assistance to match your needs and the car setup. On a standard manta with 195 tyres and a normal rack i have the adjuster set to around 1/3rd and can turn from lock to lock with the palm of my hand (just like a modern car) yet the steering still feels responsive and doesn't get too light at motorway speeds.

If you're running a quickrack or 400 sized wheels (or both) there is plenty of adjustment to lighten the steering a little more

For a complete column with controller the price is £210 plus £15 delivery to mainland UK or you can collect from Harrogate N,Yorks

If you send me your old manta column in exchange i'll take £20 off the price

I can also supply a wiring kit for £10

(this includes all the required terminals, heatshrink, 50amp fuse and inline holder, and length of 50amp power wire)

Plus i make mounts for the steering ECU that allows it to be mounted bellow the washer tray for £10

ecu-mount.jpg

ecu-wiring.jpg

Any questions just ask

I'm affraid this kit wouldn't just bolt into an A the dashboard and position of the column mounts is too different for a straight fit

However I would like to do a kit for the A as they have been quite popular with the B's but i don't have an A to build the prototype on.

Unless anyone fancies a trip to Harrogate with their A for me to prototype the kits on.

I would in return do them the first producton kit at a very good price with free fitting :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...