Breaking: Manta 1800 Hatchback

HATCH

Hello all,
This Y Reg Manta 1.8 GT/J Hatchback was much loved when I drove it many years ago. It has not moved for a very long time & the front edge of the bonnet indicates the progress of the rust.
I will be cutting it up in the spring.( :o followed by :angry: followed by :()

I would hate to throw away any bits that someone may want, but I have to make it vanish. (I actually think it is quite a nice "retro-auto" garden ornament, but others disagree!)

I will probably hang on to the gearbox. The sump is advertised elsewhere in this section.

The roof is OK, so if anyone wants it let me know where to make the first cut. I'm happy to give most bits to a good home if you can collect. Obviously, I would want a few pounds for any larger bits that have survived the rust attack.

If you need more info or photos just ask.

Hatch

OPELMANTAHATCTHBACK1.jpg

novashed: The roof will be £10. (Please note it is a hatchback & not a coupe)

kurt: The screen will be £10 & will fit a coupe. I will let you know the condition of the carpet when I get the car in a position where I can open the doors! (I'm not 100% sure it will fit a coupe)

Dave Stampy: I will save the column & rack.

andyf21: kurt got in first on the carpet, although it may not suit a coupe. As I have said above, I can't get into the car at the moment. I will take some photos of the seats, door cards etc. when I get them out. The interior is green by the way.

Cavtastic: I have the fan, but can't guarantee condition.

Hi Hatch,

I need a N/S inner wing and could also do with the N/S part of the nose cone (not as vital).

I can collect and cut the parts off my self as long as electricity is available for my grinder.

This is for my GT/E rally car which went into a ditch in Yorkshire.

I need the panel so the body builders can ensure it's straight when they're jigging it.

I'd also be interested in someone who is Manta friendly who can do the jigging as the guy I currently have lined up (in Kenilworth) wants £600 to pull it!

Cheers

Dan

Edited by Dan Hart

cop: I will let you know the condition of the servo etc.
MarkB1: I will save the bulb holder for you. The interior may be sold complete but I will save the seat lever for you if not.
4ndy84: I'm keeping the gearbox. I will let you know the condition of the axle when it is removed.
dog321fish: I will put up a photo of the thermostat housing to make sure its the one you want.
Dan Hart: PM sent.
rcmedic: The headlights are square type but not an MOT pass! Sorry.
andy88890: The interior is green I'm afraid.

kurt: I will let you know as soon as the screen & carpet are available.
Paul G: The doors are in very poor condition, Far worse than the photo might suggest. Sorry.
dog321fish: I will put up photos of the thermostat housing & battery tray as soon as I can.
rutthenut: You are on the list!
gt/e paul: The distributor is available, if I can find it! It was removed a while ago. I will PM you when it turns up.

Hi,

I actually managed to get a bulb holder off ebay before seeing your note on here.

Still need the seat lever and surround though if you can put them to one side that would be great.

Let me know what you want for them.

I also may want the centre console if its available and depending on colour as my gte is an auto and I am still trying to decide if I should convert it to manual.

Regards

Mark

Hi Hatch,

I sent you a PM.

My bodyshop has pulled my Manta half way back to its original length but chassis rail is still twisted and they think they can't get it back to normal without an inner wing to weld in.

I'd be grateful to know when you'll be able to start breaking the car or where else I can get one.

Thanks

Dan

PS - the body shop also smashed my brand new heated screen (haven't worked out how I'm going to be able to deal with that one yet as if I kick up a fuss they may not finish off the job) :(