Ascona 400 - No 'r' For Replica This Time...

ascona400r

Hello fellow Opel fans...

Was lucky enough last weekend to pick up something that i've been after for several years... one of the genuine rhd 400 Asconas built for the UK market. With just 42k miles from new (well the old mot's seem to back this up), she just needs a few wee tweaks as she has been off the road for a year or so. She came with the original wheels but i have a right few origional ronals in 8" & 10" gathered so i put a set of 8" ronals on her. No silly glass sunroof too which is nice... Plus she still has the dog legg first gearbox. Engine number matches up with v5, so all in all am a happy camper to say the least...

A nice wee comrade for the 400 Manta i got from the London area 2 years ago......

208961005.jpg

com007.jpg

Edited by ascona400r
  • Like 3

Wow! that really looks the business :) I darent ask the price lol but when you gotta have it you gotta have it :) lovely, will you drive it?

tony

Cheers Tony...

Yea i hope to drive it alright this year. She has MOT left on her so just need a bit of tax and insurance. I tend not to think about the price as it makes me slightly sick when i do, but it's done now so no looking back.

A genuine Ascona 400 to go with your genuine Manta 400......

some people can really get up your nose very quickely.....

Seriously, well done sir! i now have a big green stripe running right down my middle, they look awsome.

A genuine Ascona 400 to go with your genuine Manta 400......

some people can really get up your nose very quickely.....

Seriously, well done sir! i now have a big green stripe running right down my middle, they look awsome.

Thanks......... Yea, have to pinch myself sometimes in fairness....

However i have had to make some sacrafices to get the two 400's, simply not just a case of me 'keeping buying' more cars. I had to sell bits and bobs to finally achieve my goal of eventually owning a genuine 400 Ascona. The Manta 400 was bought, not that i 100% wanted it, but mainly because it was a barn find so to speak, plus it wasn't as expensive to buy than what i had anticipated, so just had to buy it before someone else did.

Have a few other nice cars gathered but not going to go on and on about them..................

Lovely pair!!

Where did you find these advertised? Dont imagine cars of this standard get advertised on ebay...

Scott.

Cheers Scott..

Neither were advertised when i bought them. I heard the Manta was for sale so bought it, and the same goes for the Ascona. I know there is a recession on and people are carefull how they spend there hard earned cash, but i still think they would have sold rather quickly if they had of been advertised.

• Like 2

ahh come on!!! a original 400 ascona, now now, dont go modifying it!!! it looks so different, Top dog!

when u get them both on the road, you can only drive one, if u twist my arm, ill take the manta for a wee spin!! ha,ha!

Cheers Matt.... Yea it does look different now compared to when i got it. Took them decals off her including the ones on the bonnet, and changed the wheels to 8" ronals front and rear, Oh and lowered the rear of her a bit. Also took lamps off and changed the grill. Havn't really done much else Matt in fairness- have still to change the rear silencer, put on a set of mudflaps and thats about it.

Not going to modify much else - checked all the old MOT's and with the amount of time she has been parked up etc etc i do think the 42k mile seems correct.... so no grinder to this one.

Been trying to PM you to ask the reg no. I was looking for a particular 400 as my cousin was a previous owner. Does yours have an original bonnet ? I will try sending a PM from my desktop rather than my phone. The reg I am looking for could be said to be more suited to a Porsche.

Been trying to PM you to ask the reg no. I was looking for a particular 400 as my cousin was a previous owner. Does yours have an original bonnet ? I will try sending a PM from my desktop rather than my phone. The reg I am looking for could be said to be more suited to a Porsche.

PM sent............

• 4 months later...