My Canadian Manta Project

x-pat mike

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

well, after hardly having time to go near the manta all summer we are now moving house, car nowhere near being able to come off fixture and couldnt get fixture out of garage! so i have had to do some dirty temp welds and braces etc to start getting it ready to lift off, finally got rear frame rails on to rear valance area and tied in rails to front section so hopefully next weekend will have pics of it on its wheels at long last, can then start sheetmetal work,

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

Edited by x-pat mike
pics didnt load
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

finally got it together enough to get it off the fixture, frame rails are 4" off ground but car still doesnt seem as low as i thought it would be, 

• Like 5

the lower A arms are parallel with ground which is how they should be so when more weight goes into car i will have to wind up the coils, the neat thing about these type is that you can either wind the spring to firm it up or twist the lower eyelet so the height can be altered up to 2" without affecting springrate, 

• 4 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 29/10/2020 at 17:33, sawguy said:

Are the front & rear control arms same length as Miata or did you shorten them?

same length, i plotted out the whole front suspension on a board then moved it all in on the same trajectory paths, then cut thin strips of card and pinned them to the board so i could move spindle thru the suspension arcs to check it worked like the miata set up,

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

well, it looks like i may be parting out whats left of the original stuff and scrapping the shell, major back injury 6 mths ago and surgery reqd which wont be this year due to covid delays, had to quit fabricating job at the hotrod shop as will never be able to lift stuff again and will very likely never be able to afford to finish the car  even if i could work on it!, pity its not in uk as front wings, doors trunk, bonnet etc are all rust free! but no one over here has them so no demand either!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, x-pat mike said:

well, it looks like i may be parting out whats left of the original stuff and scrapping the shell, major back injury 6 mths ago and surgery reqd which wont be this year due to covid delays, had to quit fabricating job at the hotrod shop as will never be able to lift stuff again and will very likely never be able to afford to finish the car  even if i could work on it!, pity its not in uk as front wings, doors trunk, bonnet etc are all rust free! but no one over here has them so no demand either!

That is such a shame Mike, if you were UK I’d buy the whole lot off to finish!