"vienna" - Shameless Plug

Thanks Danny, I hope you're right.

It may just be down to money, as times are tough for most folks and these days our elderly cars (can I call them that?) have become more of a hobby than a necessity than ever. And yet, Retro is the in thing as far as I can gather.

God this last couple of hours is dragging! I've just moved the car out and taken a load more photos in the sun to try to fill in the time.

Yes, I'll have to admit I'm rather disappointed that with all the apparent interest it still hasn't sold. I wasn't expecting great things. After all, who would buy a car they hadn't seen for a lot of money?

I'll see about an MoT later this week and perhaps try again as you suggest. I just want it to go to a new home so I can have my garage back.

Anyhow, thanks for all the encouragement folks. It's been very much appreciated.

Edited by Joe

Great advert, very honest description, however...................................

Put an MOT on it, tax it for six months, take a pic of the interior put it back for sale at £1995 & with the warmer weather on the way it should sell.

Also i've found if you say that if the car sells for the full asking price you would put half a tank of petrol in it that gets even more people interested.

People tend to buy car's on impulse ( i have & many arguments it's caused with Mrs Rapierdave) & if they can drive it away with no hassle then you should get more interest.

Incidentally most watchers of classic car ads on flea bay tend to be already owners of said car for sale wondering what their pride & joy might be worth. ;)

Good luck with the sale, it's a nice car.

Thanks very much chaps.

I might have someone interested in it without the need to advertise it again, so I'll keep you posted. If that comes to nothing,

I'll certainly take on board all the wise advice, which is much appreciated.

Sadly, to tax it it needs to be insured and I'm trying to avoid that expense, but if I'm lucky, it could be MoT'd today if my garage manage to squeeze it in. I'll know after about 3pm.

Edited by Joe

Having passed her MoT with flying colours yesterday, I'm pleased to say that Vienna has this morning gone to live with a chap named Josh from South Wales, and a very decent chap he is too. A real pleasure to do business with, and I hope he enjoys the car as much as I have.

So after 12 years of Manta ownership, I am now down to just a few odd boxes of bits and a couple of wings, but no car. It feels strange, but it has been a rollercoaster ride, mostly very enjoyable (with one notable, but no longer remotely consequential exception), and it's been good to have got to know so many throughly nice people through the club.

Thanks to all who have helped me out over the years, for the help with selling the car the last couple of weeks, and I hope Billing is as dry as a bone for you all this July.

I've no doubt we'll meet again.

Cheers,

Joe.

Just a thanks to Joe for selling me cracking little car. Didn't miss a beat all the 170 mile way home. Can't wait to finish the little bits and get to the shows this summer. Can take my time on the gte and cav now. Seen this post last week and didn't make the connection until I just saw the last post. Oddly enough I called her Vienna due to the reg before seeing the post. Lol Great car. Great build. Great price. And most importantly great fun

• Like 1