Hatchback Injection Tank (Gte)

Sutty2006

Help! Ive got an injection tank but its leaking from the seam, so its going in the bin!

Has anyone got one? A decent one? cash waiting, i need to get my 16v project up and running!

Or can anyone recommend any ideas for running a return pipe to a carb'd tank?

Hopefully Brian ^^^^ above can help as they are hard to get ,

Surprised no1 has re/manufactured them , or cos its a hatch = no1`s bothered?

(Keep your old tank in case someone can help fix it up?)

• 4 weeks later...

I have a manta gte hachback tank that was leaking i tried differen ways to stop it leaking, i even tried to weld the tank. i found after alot of time and messing around that chemical metal seems to work, I've got the tank out of the car and i've covered the leaking areas and left the tank for a few days with petrol in it and it seems to have stoped leaking. by the way does anyone have a 2.0 cih gearbox for a manta b.

This stuff works, we have used it on a couple of tanks. - http://www.frost.co.uk/por15-fuel-tank-sealers.html

I usually use it as a backup combined with welding to make sure pinholes are sealed (but bear in mind unless you have the right kit DO NOT WELD A FUEL TANK AT HOME!! I steam clean, caustic clean, rinse, dry then purge with argon before and during welding!!!!)

It does work fine though, just read the instructions VERY thoroughly, and I use hot caustic soda (rather than just the marine clean) you can get the caustic from Wilkinsons if you're struggling. Once sealed internally, I then generally coat the outside in something tough as well, epoxy paint is good.

I have a manta gte hachback tank that was leaking i tried differen ways to stop it leaking, i even tried to weld the tank. i found after alot of time and messing around that chemical metal seems to work, I've got the tank out of the car and i've covered the leaking areas and left the tank for a few days with petrol in it and it seems to have stoped leaking. by the way does anyone have a 2.0 cih gearbox for a manta b.

I have an very good CIH ( 4 speed) but no gearchange stick, box, but I,m a hell of a long way from you, if you want to arrange pick up . Would £18.00 be a fair price? It's complete with bell housing. With a bit of luck you may find one closer to home. Best of luck.

Edited by Julian

thanks Julian, the only trouble is that my gearbox is a five speed otherwise I would defenatly take up the offer. I will keep on serching hopefully i will find a gearbox or gears because the only trouble with my gearbox is the input drive gear and the layshaft drive gears have lost their case hardening and you can hear them wine as you drive.

Edited by MicsManta

thanks Julian, the only trouble is that my gearbox is a five speed otherwise I would defenatly take up the offer. I will keep on serching hopefully i will find a gearbox or gears because the only trouble with my gearbox is the input drive gear and the layshaft drive gears have lost their case hardening and you can hear them wine as you drive.
Wow! Sounds like a straight cut box. There's class for you!!