Rear Lowering Spring Question

eurocamper1

When i have my car up on jacks and let the rear suspension hang down the springs are loose and can be taken out. Is this normal

The springs were installed but previous owner they were to lower 40mm but he may have cut them more

The car sits very low

Whats a good quality 40 mm lowering springs

Thanks

Henrik

i cannot see that being ok. any lowering by that amount will result in the shocks bottoming out. i would have thought shorter shocks should be fitted. either way a spring cannot be alowed to be loose on full travel. plus pan rod may hold axle at wrong place now?

I hate to dampen anyones enthusiasm but having having experimented with many different springs on the track I came to the conclusion that its best to maintain a standard ride height at the rear otherwise the geometry goes out (and the exhaust gets in the way). To lower the rear the torque tube housing requires modification to ensure the axle maintains correct alignment and an adjustable panhard rod is required. However, if you are wanting to lower the rear just for the look of it then I suspect no great harm will be done.

I have lowered the front of my manta 400R with 30mm lowering springs & left the rears as standard..

have to say the cars sits & handles nice .. However it is used just for road use .. no idea how it would behave for track use..

404.jpg