Parts That I Require For My Manta 3.2 Conversion#please Read

Dave Stampy

Parts I require to get my car roolling is the D shaped washerthat fits just above the steering colum lower spring, please look through your stuff I know there's got to be one out there, I've been lookibg just over a year for this silly part! Its made me think if its all worth it, that's the main part I really need. Also looking for a set of twin headlights got to be a full set, I see an irmsher set on ebay for 129 but not sure if everythings there as its from germany, I also require a radiator new or good condition. I'm also starting to relise that my botched up sump I made isn't volumeatic enough so I'm thinking of getting the 1800 sump cutting the flange off all the way round and rewelding it back to front in order to fit the v6 engine if anyone could advise whether it will work or not. I've put so much time and effort into this project so far and trying to reach a mile stone where I can start it up and getting it rolling but due to the scaresness of these parts I'm starting to think twice please help, the silly thing is I took the D shaped washer off the car but put it somewhere so secretive I can't seem to find it. Please pm me for a faster transaction or post here for advise cheers.

No problem I'll check at weekend for you - don't spose you could take a pic of where the bit goes as I'm still not that sure - however I do have a complete smashed manta so can part from it if needed....

Sorry I'm so late getting back to you but have the steering column here. I have a photo of it so if you could tell me roughly where abouts is is or even mark it on the photo I'll get it off tomorow morn & posted.

65x1fr.jpg

dave, re. sump, your cheapest option would probably be to sell your 1800 one (good money!) and buy a sump "kit" from yukspeed, that comes as a flat packof laser cut steel bits, then tack it up with your mig welder in roughly the right (backwards) shape/position, then take it somewhere to get it tig welded ( i can do it but long way away!) dont try to mig weld it or it will leak, mig welds always do even if they look perfect, check it with thinners once welded to see if it leaks before you bolt it on

Its funny you say that retro power, i got a cavalier steel sump, cut it all the way round just butted it together, fitted a sump nut allwed enough space for the rack but yea i mig welded all the way round and it does leak, ill take it off and give it to my dad hes a sheet metal worker and should have tig, but ive lost atleast a litre or so of volume compared to the original, alloy / steell one do you think it should be suficent enough?