Some Pictures Of My Manta

lammy

Love the Polar White Exclusive Coupe. I'm not sure I would be modifying it though; looks great as it is. How many non-modified Exclusive Coupes are left? Every time one comes up it's either had a red-top or 400 bodykit fitted. Anyone got a completely standard Exclusive coupe?

• Like 1

I don't know if the car came from the Bristol area as i got it in Montrose. The reason i am changing the front is i don't like the front spoiler on the Manta,it looks to bulky to me. The car is perfect in every other way.

When i was removing the wings and front panel it was so clean i almost didn't do it. The Ascona front needed new headlight surrounds welded on and i have a collection of 7 Ascona wings to make sure i got some good ones.

I will try and get some pictures before and after painting

All the work is reversible if i want to put it back to standard and i have the original panels stored safely.

I don' t understand what you are aiming at, must be my age! You say you don't like the front end of the Manta, so you are sticking an Ascona front end on it, why not buy an Ascona then?

I don' t understand what you are aiming at, must be my age! You say you don't like the front end of the Manta, so you are sticking an Ascona front end on it, why not buy an Ascona then?

I like the coupe shape and the Ascona front, so i have the best of both worlds.

• Like 1

Aye. I was thinking it over after I posted, I suppose it's like a woman, there are some bits that are a good shape, but there are other bits you would change if it was posible!!!! Don't forget the photos!!

• Like 1

interesting comparison :-)

I was just clearing out all the A series parts that i dont need so i can get on and sell them and kept thinking to myself, why have i got those bits i dont remember buying those, and thought it was a bit like the Mrs and shoes, she often says, oh i dont remember buying those! just after she has bought some almost the same :-)

Look forward to seeing the pics!

Andy

010.jpg

007.jpg

This is my GTE that i have had for a year now,I started to flat font it with an ascona front end.All done now just waiting for paint next week and its finished.

I love this car but that last part makes me sad :( very few standard exclusives left :( But its your car another Manta on the road and what you want to do so enjoy! :)

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...