Ascona 1.6

Rapierdave

Strange thing was on the run out model of the Ascona B SRB they slightly de-contented it by doing away with the headlight wash wipe.

The real credit for how good my Ascona is must go to who I bought it off (Paul Newport). Even though the car was in time warp condition when Chris found it, Paul bought it of a guy who was thinking about modifying it & Paul wanted to save it as original or near original.

Here is the link to Paul's project thread when he owned HDP

http://forums.mantaclub.org/topic/19201-opel-ascona-b/

23 hours ago, Monaco Blue said:

Always thought that the Ascona in that particular colour and fitted with the ATS alloys was one classy looking motor. 

As an aside, I can't recall, did the runout SR Berlina models fitted with the extended front spoiler etc. have a specific model name? I worked beside a bloke who bought a himself new X plate 2.0SR Berlina in Hazel Brown loaded with all the options as a retirement pressie. It looked fantastic with bronze tinted glass/vinyl roof/extended spoiler and ATS alloys. Must have cost him a fair bit back then (1982). 

A friend of mine bought the exact same car as you describe from Pedestal Garage back in 1981 brand new, RWL 46X. It went to a company called motolec in High Wycombe where we lived and had a top spec Pioneer KEX-73 Stereo fitted with Pioneer TS1600 rear speakers.

Often wonder what happened to it, great memories.

I owned 2 Hazel Browns Asconas, one W reg SR and one X reg SR, W reg didnt have the big front spoiler but the X reg did, and that spoiler by a large coincidence was sold by me to Paul when he owned my old Ascona thats featured in this thread.

Edited by chrisb

1 hour ago, chrisb said:

I owned 2 Hazel Browns Asconas, one W reg SR and one X reg SR, W reg didnt have the big front spoiler but the X reg did, and that spoiler by a large coincidence was sold by me to Paul when he owned my old Ascona thats featured in this thread.

Did you sell the spoiler to Paul? I only ask because I had a hazel brown one (with a small split at the bottom) that I fitted onto DFH when I restored it

11 hours ago, stradacab said:

Did you sell the spoiler to Paul? I only ask because I had a hazel brown one (with a small split at the bottom) that I fitted onto DFH when I restored it

Yes i did James and yes it had a split at the bottom sounds like the same one. I sold the car to Mick Maher and he broke it, i ended up with the spoiler back. Then sold it to Paul.