What Suspension Fits A Mk1 Cavalier?

mripkis1

Hello mate, I'm pretty sure you cant get coilovers (front strut turrets not strong enough i think)

But I think any Manta B suspension should fit ok.

My 1.8 berlinetta had a similar ride height to a mk1 cav (much higher than a gte) I used GAZ adustable shocks and 30mm lowering springs, (they lowered it more than 30mm though). I had to trim the bump stops that sit in the front springs to stop them hitting.

hope this helps.

Later Cavs are completely different as you don't actually get struts on a mk1, just the twin wishbone setup. If you're looking to improve it then I'd suggest lowering it slightly and fitting some decent shockers. I've had Spax adjustables and AVOs on my cars in the past and they worked a treat.

Hello

You have a variety of makes available, such as Bilstein, AVOs and Spax. You can lower upto 40mm on standard length dampers, over that you will need shortened dampers.

If you want to fit coilovers it can be done but needs a fair bit of strengthening on the front turrets and rear turrets.

Regards

Tim