Opel Manta A Breaking Save It!

The seller advises

Yes it is complete minus rear axle it does need some welding to floor but you can come and have a look and make me an offer if you want

Not possible for me, but someone may be able to save it who is a little closer ........ can't get much further away than I am! :(

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Is it really that bad? Good to know it went to a good home even if it is going to be broken.

I think it is but will post some pics when I get a chance. I never intended to buy the whole car (minus the back axel) let alone save it. I was only after a valence but the chap offered it to me at a fairly low price so I took a punt. Ironically the valence isn't quite as good as I hoped but I think a bit of elbow grease and a pot of p38 should give me something better than the one that's on the other A.

Blimey, if all those panels are salvageable maybe she could be saved. Good luck with her, nice find.

You only just beat me to this! If your looking at chopping it up and the rear quater pannels are any good then I may ve interested! Let me know.

Few pics

GME_026.jpg

GME_025.jpg

GME_024.jpg

GME_023.jpg

GME_022.jpg

GME_021.jpg

GME_020.jpg

GME_019.jpg

I would still consider the bottoms of the rear quaters if you break it. Also would be interested in the bonnet if you have no use for it.

Weather permitting I shouldn't take to long to strip it, once I have done this i will go around and tap the loose rust of and take some more pictures to give you a better idea of what state they're in.

yes the barrels can be changed just thought i would ask as i have lost my keys aswell its boot lock that worrys me i cant get in my boot very easy because the petrol tank mounted in there behind the rear seat because of fuel injection tank fitted just hope i find a key that mite fit so i can save the locks ? may be able to get some keys cut after i get them out if u can keep hold of the boot lock /housing just in case? i could one cut to suit yours by taking the whole lock to a key cutter

Edited by redmanta xe

Boot lock on thisone has been damaged and opens with a screwdriver.

yes the barrels can be changed just thought i would ask as i have lost my keys aswell its boot lock that worrys me i cant get in my boot very easy because the petrol mounted in there behind the rear seat because of fuel injection tank fitted just hope i find a key that mite fit so i can save the locks ? may be able to get some keys cut after i get them out if u can keep hold of the boot lock /housing just in case? i could one cut to suit yours by taking the whole lock to a key cutter

• 3 weeks later...