Opel Manta A Breaking Save It!

hi there, if not needed, would you be willing to sell me the throttle cable and maybe the carb with linkages?

thanks

jack

Hello Jack, I dont intend selling the throttle cable as you can appreciate they are difficult to get hold of, that one is not the best but i was planning to keep it as a just in case. However everything is for sale at the right price.

Did yours not have one or has it snapped? If you want I could take some detailed photos of the one i had from Mark Kinnon and measure it if you want.

Regarding the Weber Carb, its open to sensible offers, it is of unknown provinance so i make no promises for it but probably needs overhauling, Also it is still attached to the manifold as i do not have the the correct tool to remove the bolts, ther is no air filter either. Again i can take some detailed photos if you want.

Don't suppose the white plastic door clips the arm rest/handle screws into are available? Also need the winder handle retaining clips.

Not sure, is that like a gromet or plug that would be popped into the steal of the door?

yeh understood am having problems locating one. if you could measure the length that would be fantastic. im amusing the carb would be set up for the 1900 engine, jet wise. is it a 32/36?

Probably is set for the 1900 as thats what its off, but you never know, i believe it is a a 32/36

Hey Shug

If Mantney dosnt have any i might have something as i have a few pots of bits in the loft. Will be able to have a look mid week. I know the ones you mean for the door handles and the clip for the winder.

Andy

yeh understood am having problems locating one. if you could measure the length that would be fantastic. im amusing the carb would be set up for the 1900 engine, jet wise. is it a 32/36?

Approximately 130cm I would measure the original for you but it's not at home at the moment

There are 4 square holes in the middle of door. 2 of them will have white plastic inserts that a screw goes in to from the arm rest.

are these they?

IMG_00000086.jpg

If so I can only find 3, you're welcome to them if you send me a stamped addressed envelope, unless you want to see if andy can do you a full set. don't have the winder clips.

Edited by Mantney

are these they?

IMG_00000086.jpg

If so I can only find 3, you're welcome to them if you send me a stamped addressed envelope, unless you want to see if andy can do you a full set. don't have the winder clips.

Thats the ones! I only need 2 of them. PM me your address and I'll sent you a sae.

B)

Shug

Just as well that you only need 2 as i had a quick look through my box of stuff and i think i must have every other type of clip, screw, nut bolt etc.. off a A, but not the door ones :-)

I have found one window winder clip so far but need to get up and have a good look. Also need to get rid of some stuff! will see what i can find tomorrow.

Andy

• 3 weeks later...