Hard to say from a picture, but if it's as good as it looks in that and from the spec you've described I'd have thought somewhere around the £4k mark. Really hope it turns up safe though.

I don't know so much about the later models, but I'd have thought circa £4k too if in good nick with none of the usual rust issues.

Imho, i'd have thought 6k. You need to push for an amount it would cost to replace it.

I've posted it on a few facebook pages aswell as retro-rides and twitter. Total Vauxhall Mag have tweeted it to and also put it on their facebook page.

• Like 1

It was totally rebiult from a bare shell 8 years ago thought it was 10 but looking at bills it was 8. The shell was really good the only welding was lower rear corners on rear quarters and a small patch let into passenger floor. Spare wheel well was removed,never did like the way it hung down from outside. The car was a 1 family owned from new when i bought it with 50k on the clock. The clocks in it now were originals apart from had a monza speedo because they read to 150 and are a really good match to the original.

It was pushed off the driv the started half way down the streat was out the door fast enough to see it drive off just couldnt run fast enough to catch it.its only the second time its been at my house since march.was only using it because id sent the ecu away for my s4 to be remap

Absolutely amazing result, here goes.

My mate lives in berkhamptead north west london. moved there from glasgow this year as managing a company. He text me a photo (trying to make me jelous) of a red manta. saying he bought it for 500 pounds.

he had in fact seen it, outside the restaurant after dinner with wife and daughter, new i was into mantas and took the photo.

couldn't believe my eyes, seen it was the stolen manta.

I called the Hertfordshire police and asked Paul (87exclusive) to call me asap. Police back in contact. POSITIVE ID, what a result!!! owner delighted. Policeman called me and advised he was happy to find the car intact and was very impressed with it.

Just shows the benefits of the net and forums. My mate thought i was taking the p*** when i told him it looked like the stolen car. result!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hope they catch the idiots who stole it.

Edited by kenny dock
  • Like 2