Wanted Uprated Gearbox Or Gear Kit For Manta Xe Setup

wizbang

currently fitted with 1800 box mated to xe and need something stronger

would consider any upgrade or conversion type so as to do the job

needs to be able to cope with 200 bhp ish

Thanks

Rob

you could make a conversion bellhousing to fit the getrag 265 box, I have the parts required just needs alloy welding together.

or do a omega mv6 gearbox conversion as stated above.

whats involved in the mv6 conversion ?

I have seen something re this conversion - do you know whats involved exactly - have you done one ?

I was thinking of a type 9 conversion as I have a box and a spare prop - or even upgrading my 1.8 box with a gear kit but can only find a 4 speed tranx kit

type 9 box is just as weak as a 1.8 box, mv6 box needs hydrolic clutch an adapter from retro power for slave to work cut down remote for gearstick then get propshaft altered. easier than it sounds.

whats involved in the mv6 conversion ?

I have seen something re this conversion - do you know whats involved exactly - have you done one ?

I was thinking of a type 9 conversion as I have a box and a spare prop - or even upgrading my 1.8 box with a gear kit but can only find a 4 speed tranx kit

We have fitted upwards of 10 of these boxes, and sold clutch parts to fit over 30

They bolt straight on, you just need to space the clutch release mechanism forwards using one of our spacer kits (or make a spacer yourself and use longer bolts)

you will need a custom prop, can advise

you will need an electronic speedo or some other solution for speedo as box has no cable output

you will need a clutch master cylinder, again can advise as we've done this plenty of times

The white ascona 400 in our post pic has an omega box fitted

they are good for 400hp, drag starts with toyo 888 tyres, from experience

they break with 525hp and the same tyres and starts

• Like 1