New Member From Scotland!

ocdstigy

Hello ladies and gentlemen! My names Roy,27years young!

I don't own a Manta quite yet,next weekend hopefully! The deal came about quite abnormally! I went to fetch some parts for my good friends Capri i heard of a guy owning,so after leaving hospital this afternoon,i decided to go have a look and low and behold i was greeted with 3 gte mantas! Silver blue and black! I was instantly drawn to these,as off next i wil be the owner of these 3 and an additional 2 the guy has! In return i have to restore 1 of the owners red capris needing a mini restore,what a deal!

I have got to admit i don't really have much knowledge on Mantas but willing to learn thick and fast as i will be building 1 road legal car from ground up,so excited :D

Have a good weekend,

Roy,

• Like 1

Oi oi!! I'm from John 'o groats lads!! The actual car i'm going to build at the moment is a widearched ex rally car with a full weld in cage,rear quarter has rot and 1 chassis leg,the rest of it is in pretty good nick,the other 4 mantas are to use as spares :D I have been offered a carlton 2.2 engine also :D

Sorry for poor quality phone pictures..... first up is the rear drivers side of the car i will be putting together....

IMG-20130629-01044_zps54654626.jpg

blue and silver manta mine :)

IMG-20130629-01043_zps4b21b32f.jpg

IMG-20130629-01039_zps74252ed0.jpg

IMG-20130629-01037_zpsccd52820.jpg

That's all ive got for now lads,i will update in due course ;)

Regards,

Roy.

Hi Roy welcome to the forum. Be interesting to see some more pics of the car your rebuilding looking at the taster pic you posted it looks to have been a well built car in its day. Back arch looks properly fitted anyway and what looks like AC Delco colours (ish). Reg doesn't start WIA by any chance?!

Hi Roy welcome to the forum. Be interesting to see some more pics of the car your rebuilding looking at the taster pic you posted it looks to have been a well built car in its day. Back arch looks properly fitted anyway and what looks like AC Delco colours (ish). Reg doesn't start WIA by any chance?!

Thanks mate! i only intended to pick up some Capri parts and ended up with Mantas,so all a bit rushed hehe! Once ive organised it all i will get some pictures :D the reg does start with WIA :o what does this mean?????

Some of the ex works cars reg started with WIA and are extremely rare and valuable so if its one of those you've scored big time. Is it 4 or 5 stud wheels and what motors in it?

WOW!!!! 5 stud wheels on it mate,no engine,but it previously had a rover v8 engine fitted,the guy has offered me a 2.2 carlton engine to put in so i will stick with that i reckon! I have alot to learn about these cars!

Fully restored ex works or known manta 400 rallycars go for between 60-80k but let's not get carried away here! Only 400's came with 5 stud hubs (although it may have been converted). You really need to get some more pics up of all aspects of the car and I'm sure club members who know much more than me will be able to advise on if its real. Most of the famous cars are accounted for but some are still AWOL.

Quick checks you can do is:

Extended front shocker turrets

No torque tube on the axle and springs in the trailing arms(as oppose to spring seats welded onto the axle)

Check it against one of the ordinary mantas your getting for differences also check the chassis number (plate under the bonnet and on o/s floorpan next to inner cill)

If it is a 400 it would origionally have had a 2.4 16v engine and dogleg box. Plenty info on them if you google it also there's a good thread on "manta 400 where are they now"

From what I can remember from when I was up there. The 400 is a berlanetta 1978/9 unless the number plates have been changed. I was ment to get it but never got round to it. Tho I did buy the silver one but again I never got round to picking them up. Give me a pm mate

• Like 1

• 2 months later...