1979 Manta B Coupe 3.9 V8 With 400 Bodykit

AndyV8

Hi Everyone,

I regrettably have my Manta V8 up for sale for a second time. The outline spec. is as follows;

3.9 V8 rover engine, pre-serpentine, with 5 speed (LT 77) gearbox with short gear lever remote bracket so lever comes through original aperture. JWR Offenhauser Dual Port manifold with Edelbrock 500 cfm 4 barrel carb. Remote oil filter and fuel king regulator with facet fuel pump in the boot. Aluminium deep core radiator (with slight pinhole leak). Custom built full stainless exhaust with flanged joints throughout. 400 bodykit including lamp pod. Sunroof removed and solid roof panel fitted (from another Manta). Motorqualty FIA spec. front seats with Sabelt 3 point harnesses. All interior trim removed and 6 point Safety Devices roll cage fitted with side bars. Koso XRs digital speedo. Calibra 2.5 V6 front brake calipers and 286 mm Cosworth vented discs fitted. Standard rear axle with drum brakes. Monroe front shocks, Spax gas adjustable rear shocks, Leda custom springs and sits nice and level. Revolution 5 spoke wheels, 9J x 16 front and 10J x 16 rear, with BF Goodrich 225/60/16 tyres all round (very good tread). The shell is solid and sound and has tinted glass all round with heated rear window. The car has covered a total of approx. 93,500 miles plus approx. 600 on the digital speedo. The bodywork is dark metallic blue with pearlescent yellow wheels that shine white under street lights. The engine compartment was painted all yellow but is now half black again and the floor pan is now silver.

The car was MOT'd up until October last year and has been garaged since I bought it in December 2011. The engine runs fine but the clutch has stuck to the flywheel. There is an access hole by the clutch arm so it is not an engine out job to free this off. The paintwork was a back yard re-spray by the previous owner so not brilliant and will need doing properly. I have owned this car twice and have some history from 1993 onwards.

I am only selling the car because I ruptured my left achilles tendon in July 2012 and find it diffcult to operate the clutch. I also don't want to risk popping the tendon again!

I am asking £2,250.00 ono for the car and I would appreciate serious enquiries/offers only. You will need a transporter or good trailer with a winch to collect the car, it does start up and drive in gear but you would need to be very 'brave' to drive it onto a trailer. I am located in Bidford on Avon, near Stratford on Avon, approx. 25 miles south of Birmingham.

I do have some additional spares that I would like to sell along with the car or to be sold separately if there is enough interest in the car as it stands.

Additional parts are:

New 400 bonnet from VRS in grey gelcoat, road spec. with under bracing and mountings for hinges and front catch £175.00.

400 Lamp pod from Historic Motorsport, again road spec made from thicker fibreglass £75.00.

A pair of Stage 3 rover SDI heads with unleaded valve seats, new valves and springs plus a piper 285 camshaft £600.00 (original receipt for £987.01 available from 2001).

If these parts go with the car the total package price would be £2,975.00.

Please contact me through the PM area or e-mail andy.timperley@tesco.net if you would like some photos or have additional questions.

Thanks,

Andy

Edited by AndyV8
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Lee,

Currently the car is still for sale but on first refusal for export to a guy in Australia if he can sort out the import paperwork from his side. If you are seriously interested and would like some pictures please send me your e-mail address and I will be happy to oblige when I return from a business trip at the end of the week.

Best regards,

Andy

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...