Accidental Manta Owner!

Had my MK 4 cossie ran tina up for sale on fleabay in march

had some dingbat muck me about, and this chap emailed about a swapsie for a sorted GSI

not really having any any knowledge on the newer vauxhalls ( Im into Ventora's FD's)

I was humming and errrrrrr, in the end I said ok

So in late March, I became the owner of a black Manta GSI Which I believe is well known on this site

done a bit of wiring on her, as the fuse kept blowing when I hit the manual cooling fan switch, and there is a very tiny fuel leak off the tank I think

other than that she seems to be hey OK

Must take some pics of her, only oneI have is the one the guy sent me, and

HELLO
:D

asGFOHC.jpg

Thanks

I'll try to make it to Billing, but I work sundays - (Nights)

Have to plead with em to book me next sunday night off

Bit more on the motor

has had a lot done to her, lowered and with Bilstein rally shocks 400ILb on the front,

performance exhaust, completely restored a few years ago, paint finish isnt brilliant but presentable

engine replaced , loads of new bits, and has a custom sat nav, dvd, thingy built in to the console

think the starter is playing up as from today, not sure, give her a run and went to start her up again, and click,

thought it may have been the battery, but after a few clicks up she fired,

will have to investigate this

Edited by ventorafred

Thanks

I'll try to make it to Billing, but I work sundays - (Nights)

Have to plead with em to book me next sunday night off

Bit more on the motor

has had a lot done to her, lowered and with Bilstein rally shocks 400ILb on the front,

performance exhaust, completely restored a few years ago, paint finish isnt brilliant but presentable

engine replaced , loads of new bits, and has a custom sat nav, dvd, thingy built in to the console

think the starter is playing up as from today, not sure, give her a run and went to start her up again, and click,

thought it may have been the battery, but after a few clicks up she fired,

will have to investigate this

Come on down to Billing later Friday & go back Sunday morning, bring a tent you'll be among friends.

Best day for Manta owners is probably the Saturday.

Re the starter solonoid clicking, check the earth strap to the engine from the body.

Hello ! I heard at billing that my old car was around again :-) its a decent solid car - built by another guy on here gsimarc i finished it off and ran it on the road for a while before selling it earlier this year to concentrate on my coupe.

I had the starter sticking sometimes , only ever a problem in really warm weather and a sharp rap with a hammer always freed it :-)

Check the small bore breather pipes on top of the tank for the small leak - i dropped it and replaced them all to solve a leak when i first got the car but one did have a habit of popping off for some reason . The tank itself seemed solid.

Hope that helps - and i still miss that touch screen built in sat nav !!!!

Hello ! I heard at billing that my old car was around again :-) its a decent solid car - built by another guy on here gsimarc i finished it off and ran it on the road for a while before selling it earlier this year to concentrate on my coupe.

I had the starter sticking sometimes , only ever a problem in really warm weather and a sharp rap with a hammer always freed it :-)

Check the small bore breather pipes on top of the tank for the small leak - i dropped it and replaced them all to solve a leak when i first got the car but one did have a habit of popping off for some reason . The tank itself seemed solid.

Hope that helps - and i still miss that touch screen built in sat nav !!!!

Hiya squire

I had a feeling it might have been the extreme hot weather

been fine in the usual Blighty weather we have :P so Ill hang off doing owt about till normal weather resumes!

The petrol leak is very minor, but I'll have a looksee for that

Its a great motor, tidy as a whistle it really is

and yeah, that touch screen LCD is off the hoop!!! :D

''Thats my photo btw - taken outside my unit :-)''

I will put some more up today!! Im shamed now :ph34r:

Great to hear from you

always good to hear from a gent who has past experiences with a motor :thumbup