Hi Folks

toj28

im toj28 from moray ne Scotland and have been a Vauxhall/opel guy for a good few years I have recently bought a opel manta as a project car as well as a 1971 Vauxhall viva 2 door sl hoping to pick up a few pointers here as I plan to fit a c20xe to the manta

Hello and welcome to the OMOC forum, Im based in the North East of Scotland myself north of Aberdeen, there are one or two members in your area, Kev from Nairn is one.

It would a great benefit to you to join the club and get full access to the forum and technical section as you are planning the XE conversion, not to mention the trade club discount which will save you more than what you pay for full membership, so very worthwhile.

Hi Paul and welcome to the club. :)

I spent 11 years in Morayshire in Forres (based at Kinloss), I loved the area. You have a good base of knowledge up there from all aspects of the club.

Good luck with the project and have you got any pictures to show us :thumbup

Rob

Hello Paul, and welcome. I'm based just South of Aviemore and have a few shows still to attend in the North, HWC Rally, Grantown and Dingwall. Probably be there in either Cavalier Mk1 saloon (wife's car) or silver Cavalier Sportshatch (my toy), or both. come and say Hello.

Colin

hi thanks folks yes its an xe conversion im doing I bought a manta gt from gumtree local in forres 75k from new it was a manta owners car I think as still has the sticker on the window the reason for the engine change was I had a xe to hand for the 2 door viva sl but found the manta engine ran like a dream but had a crack on the block

ive picked up a few parts to get me started im an admin on asbo motors on facebook so bargens pop up I just bought a set off azev alloys ive bought a set off manta head lights from ebay is400 or sumthing it said a fuel pump and samco hoses and a micro heater so I can remove the standard 1 from the buikhead so got a bit to go yet lol