Where Are They Now ?

Looks like the white one is gone as not shown on the DVLA, the blue one may be around as it was last taxed in 2010.

Vehicle enquiry
The enquiry is complete.The vehicle details for E540 VBG are:

Date of Liability 01 11 2010 Date of First Registration 04 11 1987 Year of Manufacture 1987 Cylinder Capacity (cc) 1979cc CO2 Emissions Not Available Fuel Type PETROL Export Marker N Vehicle Status Unlicensed Vehicle Colour BLUE Vehicle Type Approval Not Available

Vehicle Excise Duty rate for vehicle 6 Months Rate £123.75 12 Months Rate £225.00

The white one is still owned by the chap you sold it to, it was at the Pencoed show back in May this year but on different plates. Still had the old reg number etched on all the glass though. Can't remember his name off the top of my head but he had a stand with about a dozen GM cars on it, your old white coupe was parked next to a Lotus Carlton.

Peter Evans still has your old blue one as far as I know, it pops up on ebay from time to time but it's still in bits and I haven't heard from him in a long time. As far as I know the original engine and box from it are still in my old orange Cav saloon, living up in Cirencester with a feller called Russell. The timing chain tensioners broke up not too long after I fitted the engine so I ended up selling the car.

NICE ONE ROB,you seem to know most of whats happening in manta circles,i wish I hadn't sold the blue coupe to peter,more fool me for believing that he wasn't going to chop it up,there you go we live and learn,i did try and buy the carmine red coupe that was on the site for sale the other day,i was 2 old and 2 slow lol

cheers m8

steve

the white coupe really was something special

Edited by steve price

Well thats a bit sad, just looked up Dads old Ascona, always wondered if it was still about.
The vehicle details for VPY 297S are:
Date of Liability 01 06 1991 Date of First Registration 01 02 1978 Year of Manufacture 1978 Cylinder Capacity (cc) 1897cc CO2 Emissions Not Available Fuel Type PETROL Export Marker N Vehicle Status Unlicensed Vehicle Colour GOLD Vehicle Type Approval Not Available

The white one is still owned by the chap you sold it to, it was at the Pencoed show back in May this year but on different plates. Still had the old reg number etched on all the glass though. Can't remember his name off the top of my head but he had a stand with about a dozen GM cars on it, your old white coupe was parked next to a Lotus Carlton.

Peter Evans still has your old blue one as far as I know, it pops up on ebay from time to time but it's still in bits and I haven't heard from him in a long time. As far as I know the original engine and box from it are still in my old orange Cav saloon, living up in Cirencester with a feller called Russell. The timing chain tensioners broke up not too long after I fitted the engine so I ended up selling the car.

Wasn't it Hutchings Vauxhall stand this was on Rob?

Edited by gt4_ade

NICE ONE ROB,you seem to know most of whats happening in manta circles,i wish I hadn't sold the blue coupe to peter,more fool me for believing that he wasn't going to chop it up,there you go we live and learn,i did try and buy the carmine red coupe that was on the site for sale the other day,i was 2 old and 2 slow lol

cheers m8

steve

the white coupe really was something special

Here's a Red one for Ya

http://cars.donedeal.co.uk/vintagecars-for-sale/opel-manta/5660805