Own 2 Opels, Thought I Should Join Up!

autowatch

Hi Mark, your dad wasn't Alan Butt was he? Or Graham whose surname I can't remember.....?

The auto box is the main reason I don't use the Manta much but as the car is so original I couldn't bring myself to convert it......it's also one of the reasons I bought the Ascona which is manual.

Hi Dave,

My father is Alan and Graham Wills worked for him for a while. I actually bought my first Manta off of Graham and then spent a small fortune on a respray, recon engine etc.

I have actually got all the bits to convert my coupe to manual just need to get the time to do it.

Hi Dave,

My father is Alan and Graham Wills worked for him for a while. I actually bought my first Manta off of Graham and then spent a small fortune on a respray, recon engine etc.

I have actually got all the bits to convert my coupe to manual just need to get the time to do it.

I knew your dad well, hope he's still going strong.....didn't he have a Rekord for a long while?

And I serviced and fitted speakers in the front of the door pockets (not many people knew how to do that!) on Graham's Manta.... a blue plastic bumper X reg coupe if I remember correctly?

Memories.....great times....

Hi,

Dad is fine now but had some health issues a couple of years ago.

Pioneer speakers in the Manta were great. It was my second and probably favoirite car in Sapphire Blue.

You have good memory, we kept that Rekord for years and I even drove it when I passed my test. You may remember Dads silver Manta he had before the Rekord which is where I probably got a taste for them and I remember Mick from the service team working on it and changing the carb set up.

There seems to be quite a few Manta's out this way now so we will have to arrange a meet some time. I am Colchester way these days but still frequent Chelmsford.

At the risk of this thread becoming boring to other viewers.....apologies....

Say hi to your dad for me..... now you mention it I do remember his silver Manta, it was absolutely spotless and obviously his pride and joy. I still see Mick Lawton from time to time, he was the mechanic that I reported to when I was an apprentice all those years ago and he really hasn't changed much other than carrying a few extra pounds like the rest of us.

When the Essex boys arrange the next club meet we'll have a pint....