Cavalier V6 Project

*energy*

The 2.0L 8v would be a good choice, they can be tuned easily, Big BHP on carbs or throatle bodies but on standard injection with some tuning parts this engine will make approx 150bhp and good torque, in other words one third more than a standard GTE Manta.

Beware of the 1.8L, there are 'small block' 1.8L engines that will not go on a Manta gearbox, or so i have been led to believe

• Like 1

OOooooo, AAhhhh !!!!!! that looks NICE !!!

Hit the right balance, a 'custom' colour without being over the top.

Wonder in order to match the satin trim and bumpers, if it would work painting the wheel centers satin black, leave the rims silver ( has the optical effect of making the wheels look bigger than they are ) or if you are really daring because the car is a darker colour paint the wheel centers the same green. People would stare at this at first but i think it would quickly become accepted as a clever variation.

• Like 1

ah ye see i was thinking about playing around with the wheels.i was thinking the green might be nice in the middle,and get the lips done mega polished chrome.

believe it or not its just a standard colour from a peugeot 206 over silver basecoat.has a beautiful flip/pearl to it.

Just my two pence worth...

Brilliant choice of colour, it looks great.  I am so glad this car is getting done and will be back in use.  It was the best shell I have seen so as a base it was good.

I love the wheels but not on that car, wide steel banded wheels in black and silver would be my choice to top off the retro look. 

Obviously the car is going a bit lower so that will make it look better but I am still thinking steelies might look good.

• Like 1

that looks awsome, nice colour. good choise of engine,the 4-pot will be easier to fit and a bit more pratical but in the other hand will still have a good amount of power, bit of a shame you will lose the sound of a v6, i do like the ople v6 sound we have a customer with a 2.6 v6 ex-cop car vectra which sounds briliant and goes pritty well.

sorry to go a bit off topic but what VXR do you have.