Opel Manta A Series Hot Rod (Beast)

DiMarco

I really like the look of it outside Chris's garage, is your Manta going to be painted in his garage?

Hi jack,

Yeah that's right he is going to spray the beast inside his garage. We spent all Friday preparing his garage to do the hole job :D.

• Like 1

What a day. Today was a busy day for me and Chris. I arrived to see the car fully resprayed and I am very happy with the paint and the look of the beast. After admiring the car for a while I set out to get the engine all finished and bolting everything on. It took a long time and much aggravation to get the manifolds back on again as they are a very tight fit and seems like they where never meant to come off lol. Once the engine was finished and a couple of things freshly sprayed the engine when back in with out any worries :D. After that it was time to put the axle in which the time was 7. So a lot was done today and finished the day with everything done that I wanted to get finished so good day I believe.

No pics!?

Yes we are all really wanting to see it in it's new coat of Tango orange.

Incidently could this be a nickname for the beast? TANGO, as in when someone gets overtaken by this Manta blasting past you can shout 'Oh Yes, you've just been Tango'd !!'

• Like 2

Have just paid for my panels that have been flocked and that was my dash, door cards front and back and the parcel shelf. Also the dash was repaired by him and he only charged me £185 for the lot what a bargain would highly recommend. I was quoted £360 from a company in Banbury. Will add photos when the panels are here.

Cars is going back together now and spraying pieces as I go :). Started putting the windows back in but took ages to get the seals in place and the passage rear windows in so not a huge amount done. But the headlining is now in just need to fix the sunroof pieces in place then done. Sorry Paul but there is a huge hole in the centre now can send you the cut out piece to put on your wall if you like.

Rear window and windscreen seals where horrible and looked unusable but after having them in hot water for over an hour the rear came out ok needs a little but of fillering the cracks with some black head gasket sealant so I was advised buy a chap in Halfords as he has used that on some of his restorations. But the windscreen seal broke in half and was to far gone so got a new one coming from Germany.

Edited by DiMarco
  • Like 3

As I keep getting moaned at I have attached some photos in todays update :). Not a huge amount was done today the front lights are back in and a lot of items sprayed. During the week the wiring has been getting sorted and put back in along with the few other bits and pieces. It seems that small things that need doing all keep taking ages to do.

Sorry Paul here is your old believed headlining :)

IMAG0441.jpg

IMAG0443.jpg

IMAG0444.jpg

IMAG0445.jpg

IMAG0446.jpg

IMAG0447.jpg

IMAG0448.jpg

Hi DiMarco your Manta is looking great with the new paint! What a brilliant restoration, the beast is going back together the same way that you found it and may I say saw it all those years ago. I love all of the pictures by the way but the day will come when you will be uploading a video of it roaring into life! :D

Hi DiMarco your Manta is looking great with the new paint! What a brilliant restoration, the beast is going back together the same way that you found it and may I say saw it all those years ago. I love all of the pictures by the way but the day will come when you will be uploading a video of it roaring into life! :D

Thank you very much Jack I am glad you like the restoration of the car it is really hard work and more so than I thought. I really cant wait either to turn the key and hear her roar again. When I fired her up the day I went to look she hadn't been started in 6 years but with a bit of new fuel and a bit of throttle when turning the key she started without a problem. I have to say what a sound I mean it was amazing really loud I must say as she had straight through pipes on to a side exit :D. You would have to have ear plugs on if you where going long distance lol. When she is finished I will be taking her to Infinity exhausts and they will be putting new manifolds and a new 3 inch exhaust system on and yes she will be side exit again :D but more tucked up into the body for ground clearance. She will look a bit different than when I bought her but more cleaner as she is now going to be orange and black throughout. The chrome strips on the front have been sprayed orange as you can see in the picture the only thing that will not be black and orange are the rocker covers as they have a bit of polishing going on and the wheels I think I might get polished as black wheels will loose the style of the wheel.

When she has got the MOT I will take more photos and all the ones I have taken during the time of the paint I will add up. I know it is stupid but I want the next time she is seen to be finished with the paint work showing off and ready :D. But I will make a Video as I think a few people will enjoy the V8 as you cant get anything better than an American V8 :D.

Nick

Edited by DiMarco
  • Like 1